chapter 5

During Harry's second year he found a different ghost that he had never seen before. He asked "Who are you? I known most of the ghosts but I have never met you before." The ghost was shocked "You can see me? Wow! That means we are related I am Abraham Griflerin nice to meet you," Harry wondered "My parents were in Gryffindor not Slytherin?" Abraham said "well I am quite sure your grandparents could have been in Slytherin. Have you checked your family tree?" Harry replied "no I haven't" so Harry made the potion and said the right spell. Suddenly a long piece of paper came flying out of the cauldron. Harry looked at the piece of paper and found Abraham was telling the truth. He saw where he was on the family tree, it also had his adopted parents which surprised him the most. He looked further up and saw that he was also related to Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin which really impressed him. He then saw where Abraham Griflerin was in his family and he looked at the ghost. " You mean to say that you are the grandson of Godric and Salazar then you met a woman with the surname Percival.  You and her had my father, grandfather then the boy  had my father then he had me. How am I related to Salazar?" then harry looked at the piece of paper again and followed his mother's family line and found out that she was not the only witch in the family. Some of her ancestors were in Slytherin as well. Then Harry came to the conclusion " it's because of my mother 's side of the family tree I am related to Salazar Slytherin" Abraham said "That's correct."

Harry said his goodbyes and went to the library to check up on a new mark he got during the summer. He asked his pal Ron, he said that I didn't have a mark so Harry headed to the library and found a book on 'special mark and Their Meaning'. He looked in the book and saw the mark. It means that wizards of strong descent which also means their magic should come more powerful throughout his following years and understand things more quickly. Harry decided to study potions also because he knew Professor Snape will ask him the same question like last year.