Curiosity Killed The Cat

The rays of light walked through the leaves and danced on the forest floor. The mid-spring natural carpets; dead leaves. Her limp body ceased to move. A noose of thick air had knotted around her neck and constricted her breath. The girl's red hair had been dampened and clung together in tangled clots of blood. The gentle zephyr of the morning grazed her clawed flesh. Her limbs had deemed unusable and her consciousness had become merely a thought. How much longer must I lay here? A simple question with a transparent answer. Why, waking up at this point would be useless, would it not? Alone in an unknown location disconnected from communication. She had anticipated the idea of death and was ready to acknowledge it. Awakened in her thoughts, she paced the thicket around her. Her hand brushed against the withered bark. A light breeze swamped the air. Attempting to move forward, a nonexistent barrier prevented her from doing so. On the turn of her heels, she stumbled over a small duffel bag. There's a saying, isn't there? Curiosity killed the cat. A soundless scream erupted from her throat. Sliced body parts filled to the brim. A blood crusted ear lay atop a pale, finger-less stump. The bone decay visible through the thin remaining flesh. She fell backwards onto someone. "My, my we have a curious one, don't we?" A masked, mystery man held her by the shoulders. A thick, murky fog clouded her glass-like eyes. A sharp pain jostled her from behind. She had fallen to her knees. The leather handle prominently jammed between her rib cage. The lifeless carcass remained stiffly on that carpet for several weeks before being violently dismembered and wedged into a bag. Later, another girl to meet the same fate.