Darkness (2016 ver.)

Darkness. A feeling or rather a self-awareness. Something that can be emotional and mental or something that clouds around. This is something only viewed through one's idea of perception. Pleasure to some, but fearful to others. To her it was simply a mask. A shade to wear over her emotions. Something to hide the truth. The smiles she wore helped to shape that mask. A paper mache creation of intertwined feelings. Something to bury all that was wrong. Scars of inferiority and worthless decisions. This mask bent the shape of realities. It created a ladder of possibilities. One to the clouds and one to all that was below. She was yet to choose which to climb. If one were to snap at the steps, would she have to go the other way? Would fate lead her to a way she hadn't planned for, but something she was forced into? But what if she found a way to jump that hole? To jump that space that held all that was erroneous and all that was fear. Would she conquer that space and defeat the darkness? She didn't think she could. She tripped and missed the step. She fell in. That darkness. It folded beneath her and bound her to this pit of despair. Somewhere lost. Off the grid. A missed opportunity. All it was, was a single missed opportunity. A bit of self doubt and a broken mask mixed to create her end. And drowned in darkness, there was no escape. Not a single escape.