Getting to know you

I was in tomorrow land once again greeted by the never ending sun rays, maybe one day I'd actually wake up with just clouds but at this rate it seems almost impossible.

Throwing on my uniform I headed downstairs where I saw Mrs. Stevens sipping a cup of coffee.

To be honest this is the first time I'm seeing Mrs. Stevens dress normally.

She was always in a designer gown or suite. She was one of those rich people who would always drive out with a Mercedes Benz even just to buy a packet of milk.

"Good morning ma'am" I said with a curtesy.

"Good morning Drew" she said not bothering to look up from their paper.

The normal and polite thing to do is acknowledge the person and respond the greeting with a warm smile but no, not in this house.

I ought to give the same speech to Mrs. Stevens as I did Elliot the day before but it's best for the sake of my job not too.

"Drew pass the pen over there" she demanded.

I handed her the pen she needed.

This was the perfect time to ask her what my purpose in this house was.

Every time I woke up Agatha had already cleaned the whole house, there was really no need for a second maid.

But I wasnt about to speak my feelings to Mrs. Stevens, this too might cost me my job.

But I needed to know what my job was here. I mean you can't just throw meaningless tasks that don't fit my work criteria my way! especially feeding dogs.

"Drew Mr. Stevens is coming back from Egypt today and we obviously don't have a chef" she says.

" He's bringing business partners along. About six of them with their companions"

I simply nodded and waited for her to continue. Though I just noticed that I haven't actually seen Mr. Stevens before.

I had been wondering but my guess was that they had ended their marriage.

.

" Now you will cook dinner and get everything in place" she said taking a sip from her tea.

Did she just say cook?

"So I'm assuming you know how to cook" she said more of in a statement than a question.

I just stared at her nervously only shrugging my shoulders for an answer.

"I'm taking that as a yes" she said.

That was not a yes.

"So I haven't had any breakfast and I'm guessing the same for you, make me a divine breakfast for I and yourself." she says, getting up and leaving the kitchen.

What was I to do now? Once again she has given me a task that does not fit my work criteria.

I had no idea of what I could cook up.

I would make pancakes but I don't know what the ingredients are.

I was doomed, Mrs. Stevens should just fire me now and put me out of my misery.

I mean I could always make a living off selling apples by the street, no big deal.

Right?

I scanned the fridge for whatever I could find for breakfast and there were eggs.

Eggs were perfect, everyone knew how to fry eggs.

I cracked four eggs into a bowl and added so many spices and a few vegetables.