Her, and the Moonlight

After we unpacked all our stuff, she went and sat on the windowsill bench. She pulled a blanket over her legs and picked up her book. I smiled and sat back on my bed. A minute later my buddy texted me to come hang out and celebrate our success. I looked over at my beautiful girlfriend. She was just reading peacefully, undisturbed, off in some magical world. I got up and put my hand on her back, kneeling down beside her. "Hey, my fiends texted and wanted to know if I could join them for drinks, do you need me to stay?" I asked. She shook her head. "Nope, you go, I'll stay here and read." She smiled approvingly, holding up her book. I nodded and left for the bar. We all had a good time and when we finally got back it was late and the moon was full. I hurried back to the hotel room so I could cuddle my love to sleep. When I opened the door, she was still on the bench by the window, sleeping peacefully as the moonlight illuminated her. She was absolutely beautiful. I walked over quietly, and gently kissed her on the lips. She woke up and smiled, rubbing her eyes and yawning. I smiled too and picked her up wedding style, to carry her to bed. I set her down and pulled the covers over her, then kissed her forehead. Once I was ready for bed I slid in quietly next to her and pulled her close. "Good night, my love." I whispered.