Chapter 32

Rose's POV

I didn't know where I was, but I knew I wasn't in the Vampire Domain. How long has it been? It felt like weeks. I mean, being consistently drugged and knocked out does that, I guess.

All I know is that at some point, I was on a boat. The strong smell of saltwater and the noisy seagulls were a dead giveaway, even if I was only conscious for a couple seconds. The moment I began to be aware of my surroundings, everything would go black again. Whoever was this was knew what they were doing. I knew it wasn't Sir George. The type of transportation wasn't his style. If I was him, I would have been on some type of fancy yacht, and he would have kept me awake long enough to gloat. That made me even more furious. He was working with someone else, which meant I had a brand new enemy. A little instinct told me that new enemy had something to do with Chief Blake.

What was even more infuriating was when I woke up, not to annoying seagulls followed by getting knocked out again, but by the feeling of cold metal against my wrists and the only sound being an obnoxiously loud clock ticking.

My eyes popped open, and I was surprised that I didn't have anything over my head covering them. The room, the walls and floors made of concrete and metal, was simple, with only a table and two empty chairs in front of me. There was a door, but it didn't have a handle, only a keypad on the side. It was locked from the outside.

I looked to my left and was met with the wild glare of my own reflection. A large mirror lined the left wall. I laughed a little. Somehow, through all of this, my hair, which was tied into a bun before, stayed in tact. It was messy, yes, but it didn't looked too bad. Small blessings count for something.

As I continued to looked around, I realized I knew where I was. I knew the tiny room all too well. I laughed again, shaking my head. I mean, everyone knows the inside of an interrogation room when they see one, but this one was all too familiar. Except I remember sitting on the other side of this table.

The door creaked open, and a woman, who was small in statue with her jet black hair placed in a tight ponytail, clicked towards me. By click, I mean her heels were so loud I swear they could be mistaken for gunshots. But, then again, my head was throbbing. Every sound around me sent me spinning.

"Nice to see you're finally awake," she said, sticking her chin up and standing over me. After attempting to intimidate me, which didn't work in the slightest as I glared at her, she sat down in one of the chairs in front of me.

"Nice to be here," I replied sarcastically. I tried to move my hand, but I once again remembered they were handcuffed to the table, and my ankles to the chair I was sitting in. I looked down. "Is this titanium?"

She nodded. "I have to admit, your people's power-weakening collars are very effective," the woman said, watching me struggle to move around.

I scoffed, giving up on half-trying to break free and leaning forward to engage in a conversation I didn't want to have. The whole setup was professional. Though it felt like it was just the two of us present, I knew the mirrors were one-way. I was being watched from every angle. And even if did break out of this, I didn't know where Michael was. I needed time to understand the playing field before making a move.

"Fine, what do you want?" I snapped. "And where's my friend?"

"Sir Micheal is alive, if that's what you're asking," she replied. She wasn't showing any emotion, but I could tell she was trying to reading mine. "Don't give me trouble and I'll give you more information."

I smirked. I wasn't going to give her trouble... yet. However, I could have some fun while I was here. "So, what do you want to know?" I asked smoothly.