Another Yellow

V and I stared at each other hesitantly.

"What should we do?" I whispered.

"I think he's one of us," V mummered.

"I think he just went through a beating. Should we let him rest on the bed?" I suggested. V contemplated it before nodding.

It took us FOREVER to haul the guy onto the bed. After doing so, V and I lay on the cold floor, panting.

***

I woke up and I was aching. A warm arm hung loosely over my waist. My eyes widened and I turned around to see V's face. I gently pried his arm off to get a better look at him. He seemed almost ethereal. The way his silver-greyish hair slightly covered his soft brown eyes was beautiful.

Suddenly, his eyes blinked open. I gasped and blushed.

"Staring now, are we, Ji Rin?" V chuckled. My heart melted.

"Ani... Wait. Ji Rin? I told you. I'm T," I frowned. V giggled.

"I like Ji Rin better. In fact, I'll call you Rinnie," V teased. I blushed.

"Pabo," I sneered as I lightly flicked his forehead before standing up. V followed suit and we huddled over the mysterious man.

Just then, the man woke up. He flinched at the sight of us and sat up.

"Where am I?" he croaked. V and I shrugged.

"I'm T and he's V," I started.

"I'm... Jimin," he gave a weak smile.

"Where are you from?" V asked.

"South Korea," Jimin said. V held up his hand to high five him and Jimin did so hesitantly.

"Yay! We're all Koreans!" V giggled. That earned a smile from Jimin.

"What are you?" I asked curiously. The spark in Jimin's eyes vanished.

"Yellow," Jimin muttered. I gave him a weak smile.

"Me too! V's a Red," I said.

"That's too bad," Jimin mumbled. V and I sat on the bed with Jimin.

"Why?" V asked. Jimin sighed.

"I did some snooping when I was hauled here. That's why they tortured me for days. But anyways... I found out that those who hadn't gotten killed and weren't infected were sent to work here. Those who were infected, they weren't so lucky. Those who are infected are about to really suffer. The government isn't scared about the ones who didn't make it or the ones who died. They're scared about the ones who DID make it. The ones who ARE infected. They're going to end us all. But they are torturing and experimenting with us, to see if they can turn us back. They estimate that by the time they find a cure, more than 98% of us would have died due to their experiments," Jimin sighed.

"Why?" I whispered.

"They don't want anyone stronger than them," Jimin stated.

"Who's the government? Which country did the government come from?" V asked.

"Those who weren't infected and knew about the disease long before we did made a government. They knew this was going to happen," Jimin shuddered.

Suddenly, a man appeared.

"Wear your own colours," the man growled before disappearing. We looked at each other in confusion. I noticed that there were some clothes on the ground. Two yellow shirts, one red shirt and three white pants.

"They're grouping us," I mummered as I held up a yellow shirt.

***

The three of us had just changed into our respective colours. Fear of what was to become of us coursed through my veins.