The Note

"We're from a place called Terces. We accidentally came here on earth but we liked it, so we stayed. And we have special 'powers'. Well, it's not really special for us, but it's special for you," Emily explained to Olivia. Olivia just nodded and took everything in. Normally, if someone told her that, she wouldn't believe them. But she saw what they could do and that was enough to make her believe.

"That sounds so cool! What kind of powers do you have? Can you fly? Can you read minds? What am I thinking about right now?" Olivia asked full of excitement. She wasn't scared anymore and was genuinely interested in hearing their story.

"No no no! That's not... We're not... You see, I can stop time and move around. But I can only do that for like, a minute. It used to be 45 seconds, but I got better! Oh and I can also teleport, but you already knew that," Shannon said.

"That's so cool! And you? What can you do?" Olivia said while turning to Emily.

"How do I... I can control plants and I can talk animals. That's all," Emily replied. Olivia looked at the other two girls with wide eyes and a huge smile. It almost looked creepy. It was silent for a while until Shannon decided to speak up.

"Let me show you something cool!" she and pulled Emily's hand towards her, causing her to stumble forward.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Emily yelled and tried to pull her arm back, but failed.

"Hold still." Shannon slowly rolled Emily's sleeve up, revealing her nature mark. As soon as a single ray of sunlight fell on the butterfly, its wings started moving, as if it were trying to fly away. Emily pulled her arm back and rolled her sleeve down again.

They told Olivia a little more about their world, but of course they didn't tell her everything. They thought that it would be to dangerous to trust someone so easily, even though it seemed like Olivia had no intention in doing anything bad. After maybe an hour, they took the bus and went to their own house.

-

The next 2 weeks, the girls got to know each other more and more. Olivia seemed like a person that they could trust. They were happy that they made a close friend on earth and that friend accepted them even though they were ''weird". What if everyone on earth reacted this way? Then they would have no problem coming out in the open. 

Olivia was a black haired girl with black eyes and acne scars. She was glad that the most people didn't tease her because of this. She was the type of girl who looked shy and innocent at first, but was in fact crazy after you got to know her. She was very kind and she loved animals.

On Friday, Emily and Shannon took the bus to Olivia's and the three of them walked to school. That's how it went from then on. They would meet up with Olivia and walk to school together.

When they arrived, they went to their lockers immediately. Surprisingly, their three lockers were located right next to each other. 

Emily opened her locker and a note fell out of it. She picked it up and didn't bother to read it, since they didn't have much time to make it to class. She put it in the back-pocket of her pants and then headed straight to class with Shannon.

Olivia didn't go with them because she had a different class at the moment. During lunch, the three girls went up on the roof again and started talking about random stuff. Olivia had grown quite attached to the others. And they had grown attached to her as well. Even though Olivia knew about their secret, she still treated them like they were normal, and they really liked that.

-

School went by and the girls took the bus and went to the house that Emily and Shannon shared. Olivia had gone there three times before, so it wasn't new for her. They went inside and before they plopped down on the couches, Shannon noticed something sticking out of Emily's pocket.

"What's this? Ooh a love letter maybe?" Shannon asked as she pulled the piece of paper out of Emily's pocket. She smirked a little before opening the folded piece of paper.

"Let's see. Dear Emily," Shannon started to read but froze after starting to read the rest. Her face got pale and her eyes widened as she read the note. Emily and Olivia didn't notice because they weren't looking at her.

"Em? Em? Who did you get this from?" Shannon asked slowly with her eyes still glued on the piece of paper.

"Huh? What's wrong Shan?" Emily asked, confusion written all over her face.

"Who did you get this from?!" Shannon yelled, startling the other two girls.

"I don't know! I found it in my locker! What's wrong with it?" Emily replied. She knew that something must have been terribly wrong for Shannon to react the way she did, but she didn't know what.

Shannon slowly handed the note to Emily so she could read it herself. She started to read it quietly and her eyes widened in horror. Never had she been so scared.

On the note that she found in her locker was written:

I know about you.

I know about 'Shannon'.

I know your secrets.

I know where you came from.

I know about the waterfall.

I know everything.

I've finally found you.