The First

"She's getting away!" Emily yelled, while the girl was almost at the stairs. Luckily, there was no one else around to hear what was going on.

"I have to," Shannon muttered and suddenly disappeared and reappeared in front of the girl. Teleportation. One of the two abilities that she had. The poor girl fell back and opened her mouth to say something, but not a single word came out of it. She froze -it was almost as if she had turned to stone- and Emily and Shannon saw this as the perfect opportunity to drag her away from the roof-exit.

"W-what are y-you gonna do to me? H-how did you do t-that? Am I... am I going to die?"

"We won't do anything bad to you and no, you're not going to die. What you saw with the plant and all... that was just something we learned in biology class. Don't worry, it's completely normal," Shannon tried to lie.

"She saw you teleport, idiot. We might as well tell her," Emily said and rolled her eyes.

"Don't play smart with me. This is YOUR fault, remember? But anyway," Shannon replied and looked around to see if there was no one else there. She took a deep breath before turning to the other girl.

"What you just saw is hard to explain. Actually, not really. Well, here goes. I'm Shannon and I can teleport. This is Emily and yes, she can do crazy stuff with plants. We're not from earth but we're very nice people and we aren't here to hurt anyone. Now, we don't want people to find all this out about us, so you're gonna keep it a secret. Alright? Alright," Shannon explained without skipping a beat. The girl blinked a few times and tried to take everything in.

"What if- What if I don't keep it a secret?" she asked and looked at Shannon.

"We'll kill you," Emily answered calmly while maintaining a straight face. The girl nodded slowly in response.

"Oh yeah, what's your name? And why were you alone on the roof?" Emily asked, still calm.

"I'm Olivia. I'm a little new and I don't really have friends, so I thought I'd come up here to relax a little."

"Nice to meet you. We've got to go now before class starts. Please promise you'll keep it a secret? You're the only one who knows our secret," Shannon told Olivia as they walked towards the stairs.

"But if I do that, can I hang out with you guys and stuff?" Olivia asked a bit shy.

"Uhm sure, we can try that," Emily answered awkwardly. They went down and made it in class just before the bell rang. To their surprise, they shared a lot of classes together. Not all of them, but most. School went by rather quickly. Olivia couldn't concentrate on the lessons. When the bell rang, she waited for the other two girls at the gate.

"So uh... wanna hang out? Your house maybe?" Emily asked and Olivia nodded in response.  They walked to her house since it wasn't too far from school. After walking for less than 5 minutes, Olivia stopped in front of a small but cute, white house.

"We're here. This is where I live," Olivia said and made her way to the door. Emily and Shannon followed her and waited as she opened the door.

"Do you live alone?" Shannon asked when she noticed that there was no trace of another human in the house.

"Yeah. My parents passed away a few years ago so my grandparents and uncle send money from Australia so I can keep going to school and you know... stay alive."

Olivia just ranted while making her way to the kitchen. Emily and Shannon were shocked and they immediately felt bad for her. They sat on the couches in the living room and soon enough Olivia joined them after handing them both a soda. 

"Do you... Do you always bring people you've just met to your house like this or..." Emily didn't know how to finish her question. Olivia blushed out of embarrassment. At that moment she thought that that was quite a foolish thing to do and she didn't know how to respond, so she just ignored the question.

"So are you like fairies? Do you have a wand? What else can you do?" Olivia asked full of excitement. 

"N-no we're not fairies... We're like humans. But not from here. Remember, if you tell someone else about this, our lives will be over. Or maybe your life," Emily answered. Olivia nodded and waited for one of them to continue.

The two girls made sure that there was no one else around before they started to talk. This was the first normal human that would be hearing about their secret.