Chapter 2

The next day cracked through the messy hotel room. The sun woke up Roger faster than he can throw punches. He stretched out his arms and let out the usual yawn, but something felt unusual. His back ached a bit more than usual. And, as he ruffled his hair, it was curly!

"For fuck's sake," Roger scoffed to himself. "What the bloody hell is going on? And why can't I see straight?" 

Roger felt around on the table next to the bed until he found a pair of blue-tinted glasses that were conveniently there. He put them on and looked at his hands which were more wrinkled than usual. 

Come on Dip, Roger thought to himself at he went to the bathroom. You had a rough night last night. Must be seeing things! But as he looked into the bathroom mirror, his reflection didn't look a thing like his regular 24 year old self! "My God," Rog was speechless. "I-I'm old!" 

He stares at himself in the mirror for about 5 minutes straight, checking out his hair which is dyed blonde with some streaks of grey. "Well, I don't look too bad," Rog tried to cheer himself up. "Hey, at least I took care of myself even this age!"

 He then sees there is a note taped onto the mirror. He tries to grab it by jumping up, which takes a while. "Damn, I must be shorter than I usually am now." Finally, Roger grabbed the note. 

Told you two you'll end up like me before you'll know it!

So you know, you are 50 years older than usual.

Take care of yourselves.

Regards, The Old Man At The Bar

"Oh shit!" Roger put the note down and ran toward the bed. Pete was sleeping in the same bed as him. "Wake up, Pete! Wake up!" Rog shook him awake. Pete squinted his eyes at him. Roger grabbed another convenient pair of glasses on the table and handed them to Pete. 

As he put them on, Pete was about to scream. Roger clamped down his mouth. "Shhh! We got time to scream in the bathroom. Just wait!" They both ran to the bathroom, and as they stared at each other, they screamed at the top of their lungs. 

"How the fuck am I old?! And how the fuck do you have more hair than me, Dip?" Pete said as he felt his now bald head. 

"Yeah. And me hair ain't got no Dippity-Do in it!"

Pete looks down at Roger. "It looks pretty, Rog," he said as Roger blushes. 

"Alright, look," Rog handed Pete the note. "It's from the guy at the club last night."

"So I'm 73 and you're 74?"

"Well that's what the note says so I guess."

Pete paused while staring at himself in the mirror. "We look alright for our ages. We took care of ourselves, for the most part."

"Uh, yeah. Not too shabby!" Roger then looked up at Pete's blue eyes. "Take off your glasses," he softly said. Pete obeyed his command. "Wow. They're still, uh, pretty." Roger smiled.

"Oh, alright. Take off yours," Pete commanded. Roger obeyed. "Look who got 20 years younger!" They both laughed.

Then Roger hugged Pete. Pete then hugged back. "Whatever happens, we'll kick and scream our way through it, together," Roger whispered in Pete's ear. 

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. "Shit," Pete and Roger both said.