capitalist uno

CHAPTER 1

It was a very sunny afternoon and a very perfect day to just relax at home or go to the local pool. Only that it was not possible for Lacey. There was an escaped convict on the loose and it was most likely the convict was going to come for her. The convict whose name was Sam, had already killed two people and judging from what led him to jail, he was definitely coming for her whether now or later.

Lacey

"I can't believe they are acting nonchalant about this whole issue"

I said to my sister Rosie. We were in my room, mulling over the situation I had gotten myself into.

For God's sake somebody's life is at stake here and all they can say is sorry miss, someone is already working on it and there is nothing we can do" I said in a poor imitation on the fat balding officer I saw at the station today. I was beyond caring if I got it right or not.

I mean how can they say that while stuffing their mouth with doughnuts? I asked Rose clearly exasperated " she didn't seem all too bothered though, she was busy painting her nails for the week.

"Don't worry they will have to do something about it. Besides you are safe as long as he doesn't know your present location" Rose said trying but failing to comfort me. I love Rose and all but she doesn't take life as seriously as she should which gets me really worried about her.

"I don't know what to do Rose, I can't afford put my baby in harm's way, it will kill me to see him hurt" I said letting a sob escape. Carl was my four year old son I treasured more than anything in the world. He was practically my life. When I found out Sam had escaped, I sent him to my parent's house. He is safer there.

"He can't get hurt when he is with mum and dad. Besides you'll be fine, before you know it, this guy will be caught and you won't have you worry anymore".... Ihopeso...I thought in my mind.

At that minute, Rose got up from the couch and headed towards the door. " I have to make dinner before Arnold and the twins come back" she gave me a quick hug and uttered words of encouragement before leaving the room and heading towards the entrance of the house. Looking from my window, I saw her enter the car and drive off to her "perfect" home.

My life was far from perfect. Apart from suddenly being a single mum to the most wonderful son after my husband died in a crash two years ago, the man who hit him has now escaped prison and is after blood....my blood....OGodhelpme!!! I prayed.

Justin

How can you tell me that you have no idea where he is! The head of marshals shouted in my ear.

If you are doing your job and I assume you are not, I would have gotten a lead yet. For goodness sake this guy has killed two people already and we want to avoid as much deaths as possible.

I continued to fix my gaze on the floor as the head of the US marshal was telling me off.

I know it was bad that we didn't have anything on Sam considering the fact that he has been gone for 12 hours now but it can't be helped.

How Sam escaped is beyond my understanding because he just seemed to work out of jail, though we suspect that he had both in side and outside help.

Being the best in my field though I was put in charge of the mission but I'm beginning to regret it cause its turning out to be way harder than I thought.

After director Hartman released me, I headed of straight to my office to look at some files that might help with the case.

I tried to look investigate the last few people he spoke to and find out if he has an offshore account that he is living in while he is on the loose.