SUPPANDI HAS A REMEDY

Suppandi was a foolish young boy who lived with his grandmother.

        One day in his house, he saw that his grandmother was looking very gloomy. When he touched her forehead, her head was very hot.

        He told her, "Grandma, you're hot all over."
        She said, "I think I have a fever, my child. Go fetch a doctor."
        He said that he'll go at once.

        On his way to the doctor, he had to pass a forge. He saw a man putting red hot iron in the water. When the man put it in the water, he saw that the water made some sizzling noise.

        Suppandi went to the man and asked him, "Why did you put that red hot iron into the water, sir?"
        He replied, "To cool it." "See how cold it has become", the man says handing the rod to Suppandi.
        Whoa he thinks. If water can cool a red hot iron so fast, why not...

 Suppandi ran as fast he could back to his house, drew a bucket of water from the well in his backyard and went inside the house.

His grandmother asked him, "Have you brought the doctor?"

"No. We don't need him." He replied. "This will cure you." he says throwing the bucket of water on her.

"Yieeeeee! What are you doing?" His grandmother screams.

"Lie still grandmother." he says

"Help! Help me, somebody!!" she says screaming and crying.

The neighbours hearing her scream rushed in and caught hold of Suppandi.

"What are you doing, you idiot?" says one of them. "Grandmother are you all right?" asks another one. "Get a doctor somebody."

"She doesn't need a doctor... let me throw more water on her" says Suppandi.

"Give me that bucket!" said a man.

Soon the villagers brought a doctor and the old woman recovered in a few days.

Suppandi said, "If you had let me throw that cold water on you, grandmother, your fever would have gone on the very first day."

_________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this story!

Follow for more and vote!