Chapter Six

"My prospects keep looking better don't they?!" She was pacing back and forth with an overwhelming sense of anger that washed over her.

"Samantha, we don't—

He began to try to console her, but she instantly jumped in.

"We don't what? We don't know that it's him?" Samantha shouted in hushed tones vexed at what she has come to learn. "Let's look at our options here, we have an abusive gambler in denial and a gay family man who believes his potential daughter was a mistake from his "experimental" days!" She quoted with her hands, "Because it couldn't be a guy who is normal, living his life, no family complications, no secrets, and no gambling addictions! A normal guy, who made a mistake by leaving and maybe wanted to come back and fix things. No, that would be too easy, wouldn't it?!" She continued pacing, regaining her breath in between every couple of words.

"It's not over Sam."

"Might as well be. Even if he was my father, what could he possibly offer me? He has his perfect family, he has a daughter, he built himself a nice home. I am nothing but a result of a confused gay man who made a mistake. That's all I'll ever be to him"

"That's not true! He could make space for you in his life! You could be apart of his new family too."

"What if it's too late."

"Samantha, you already lost so much time, if you turn away now, one day you'll wake up in regret, only by then it'll truly be too late."

"He basically called me a home wrecker mascot."

"We did kind of ambush him with the 'surprise! I'm your daughter' thing we have going on here", he joked, "you might want to rethink your approach."

"Yeah, because there is an easy way of saying, remember me? I am your child that you abandoned ten years ago!"

"I'm just saying, that's earth shattering news! You could build up to it!"

"What, you want me to offer them coffee and biscuits first to ease their moods?"

"It could help." He teased.

"Shut up" They both smiled. She felt her anger flush out of her quicker than she thought possible. The air lightened from it's once jarring tension.

"One. More. Man" James started, "he could be your shot for a normal guy. You know what Sam, quite honestly, I'm not the least bit shocked that the men we've seen so far have their flaws because it is out of the realm of possibility that any sane man could willingly leave a girl like you." Samantha looked at James who continued to stare at her sincerely. His words gave her all kinds of butterflies, he somehow always knew what to say.

"I mean it", James walked closer to her, his eyes dropped to her rosy lips that he wanted to feel so badly.

"Freeze?" she whispered, wondering if this moment qualified.

He nodded. She bit the inside of her mouth looking down as blood rushed to her cheeks. James didn't waste one second before he charged towards her lifting her chin and hungrily colliding his lips against hers. She felt her back pressed against the hallway wall from his instant push against her body. His hands were cupping her face and her hands were tightly gripping his waist. He opened his mouth lightly sucking in her lower lip causing her breath to shorten and her heart to beat aggressively. He felt her moan vibrate against his lips. Sammy pulled him closer to her and followed his lips, letting him lead. He's never felt lips so soft, small and plump enough for him to engulf. His teeth grazed her lower lip, Samantha felt her whole body weaken. Her hands dug into his broad back to pull him closer to her. She slowly pulled away, and looked up at him, both of them trying to regain their breaths. His hands were now against the wall, boxing her in. He leaned in once again, his forehead against hers.