Chapter Six

I love this banner so much, it's so beautiful. Thank you so much KaiyaLove  for making this for me (:

If you would like to send your banners for Alden in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1861

~Kezi

Something cold on my forehead disturbs me right from my sleep this morning.

I jolt awake, but my arms are tied down, keeping my back flat against the bed. I don't remember going back to bed after being dragged out last night. In fact, it seems like a distant memory stored in the back of my mind. Perhaps it wasn't even real, being a part of the drug symptoms.

Pale green eyes glare down at me, a clinical mask plastered over their mouth. I know it's the woman who bathed me yesterday immediately. And she has lay a damp cloth on my forehead.

I pull on the harnesses holding me down. "What's going on."

"I was checking your vitals," she tells me shortly. I've noticed she avoids talking to me as much as she can. It's always so prompt and to the point. She pulls the cloth off my forehead with her latex gloves. "Your temperature is quite high, but you should be okay now."

She adeptly hooks her fingers around the harness clips, and yanks them off me. "What's with these anyway?"

"For my safety," she mumbles.

I don't say anymore. I'm curious about her, and how she got her job here, but I know for a fact she wouldn't open her mouth to me about it. What I do want to know is if they will be shoving another pill down my throat this morning. I want to refuse right to their face. I want to push my boundaries a little.

However, before I can do so, the door to the room is thrown open, and Sermon walks in, followed by two stocky guards.

Her eyes find mine, and a toxic smile brushes across her face. Compared to yesterday, she looks formally dressed up. She adorns a deep maroon pant suit with a deep V neck, a crystal necklace filling the space between her collarbones. Her hair is pulled tightly back into a small, neat bun.

"Haven't you done so well?" she gushes, the linoleum floor swallowing he sound of her clicking heels as she strolls in. I give her a flat look.

She glances down at her clipboard. "It seems you've done better than we assumed, and your blood is nicely cleansed for the rest of the treatments. And even better, you seemed to have fully recovered in only 24 hours."

I stare at her, not saying a word.

Noticing the intensity of my gaze, she shifts uncomfortably, expecting me to be gracious, or perhaps even thankful. I'm still unsure if I should trust them or not. Either way, it bothers me that she announces everything like it's something we should all be cheering at.

"Well, you may not be in that good of a mood this morning, but I do have some good news," she tells me. She looks genuinely excited too. My interest peaks. "Alpha Alden has decided he wants to put your meeting ahead. He would like to see you right now."

My first reaction is physical. My cheeks flush bright pink.

How am I meant to meet the Alpha now? Why does he even want to see me? I know I was a thorn in his side for quite some time, but would could he possibly want with me? Perhaps now I will get some answers, if he is obliging.

"Come on," Sermon prompts. She ushers a girl over, wearing the same mask and latex gloves as the girl beside me. She holds a pile of blue clothing.