Chapter three

For some reason I always find sorrys really hard especially when you know you've done something really wrong. Last night I yelled at my parents that I hated them, I was really angry last night but I know that I shouldn't of said that but the guilts eating me up making me weak, I'm not brave enough to face my parents yet so I decided to get out of the house early. It's a crisp Friday morning, it sprinkling outside and the large puddles outside say that it was raining last night too. Although we live on the edge of the cyclone danger area mum and dad always make me and my neighbors do drills in case a cyclone does strike, I always find it so stupid because were really far away from the coast, it's just a thin line of dark blue in the distance, why do we have to worry? Though every time the weather takes a stormier turn I always get nervous. I quickly skip breakfast and run outside to mikes place, next door.

I've always been friends with mike, ever since I was little. He's like a brother too me though everyone one at school thinks we're going to become a couple because we're so close. I could never see that happening but it won't stop 'the three' mocking me about it. I knock on his door twice like always, knock, knock, the door opened and there stood mike, most people would be surprised if someone knocked at there door at 6.30 in the morning but mike knew me too well.

"Hey em" said mike "I heard the yelling yesterday is everything ok?"

"Tell ya latter" I replied hastily

He opened the door for me and ushered me in, I know his home almost better then my own. Mike has tanned brown skin and hair almost the same colour, and the most magnificent green eyes which seem to sparkle in the sunlight. Although mike is one of shorter guys in my grade, all the girls stare at him, I don't know what they see in him. Anyway I told mike about the argument and even he didn't look impressed but he didn't push it. After an hour or so of just talking and playing Mario cart (I lost miserably) we walked to the bus stop together under my umbrella. The rain was really pouring now, for some reason I had a really bad gut feeling like something bad is going to happen.

Today was so infuriating everyone was talking about Marsha's birthday party right in front of my face. I had to get out, I needed a distraction so I looked out the window of our scrappy classroom and saw something completely terrifying. Out in the distance blending almost completely against the depressing gray sky was a cyclone. A swirling spiral of bitter cold winds and storms, just off the horizon coming towards town. I screamed and pointed towards the window it didn't long for the teachers to click, the winds were picking up and the rain was bucketing down so hard I couldn't even hear what the teacher was saying. I just followed everyone else until l spotted mike and his sister Agnes, they both look terrified, I couldn't hear what they were screaming at me so I just followed them out of school towards my house which looked like it was going to fly away and into the damp basement like all thoughs times we practiced during mum and dad's stupid cyclone drills. Thats when it hit me where's mum and dad?