Chapter 11

•••

After we ate breakfast, Marco just casually typing on his laptop while I am laying on the bed. I am so bored. Marco is very workaholic, that's one fact I know now. I thought he would be different on business travel but he is just the same Marco.

"Marco"

"Hmm"

I sighs.

"Marco, can we go sightseeing? I want to see that famous fish-lion statue" I said, he didn't even glance at me. He still typing on his laptop.

"Marco?" I asked again.

"Elena... You can go with Alissa" he replied.

"But I want to go with you" I stated.

"I am busy, go with Alissa and Lucas" He said again.

"Lucas is here?" I asked. Marco nodded and went back to his work.

I changed my clothes and said goodbye to Marco. If he don't want to accompany me, I guess I just need to go by myself but I was wrong cause when I opened the door, Alissa stood there wearing casual clothes and she smiled at me.

"What are you doing?" I blurted out. I really need to shut my mouth, that's very rude.

"Marco said I need to accompany you to sightseeing" She replied. I nodded. I look back at Marco and he still focus on his laptop. I guess this is it.

Me and Alissa went to Merlion park to see the famous Merlion statue... Lucas is our driver today and he didn't say much. Alissa is very quiet too. It's kinda awkward but if Marco is here it would be more and more awkward.

I sat down on the bench as I checked the pictures I took on my phone, Alissa sit beside me while Lucas probably still in the car.

"Hmm I am sorry for being rude to you" I said out of the blue. Alissa just smiled.

"I know, you probably dislike me cause I spent so much time with Marco" she replied.

"I am glad you understand"

She nodded. "I've been working with Marco for years and since the day I met him, you are already his fiancee. No chance for me, I can't lie. He is very good looking and his cold demeanor is just addition to his personality, making him look wise and arrogant" She said again.

That's it, I knew she had feeling for Marco. "Do you still like him now?" I asked again. She laughs.

"No, we are just working together. He is a good partner at work but I can't see myself with him, he is not my type" Alissa said.

I am glad I came to Singapore with Marco, I have this personal conversation with Alissa which benefits me. I was dying to know their relationship at work.

"Yeah, well I want to say thank you for the flowers you sent. Marco said you were the one who gave his idea to sent it" I said.

She look confused. "what flowers?" She asked.

"That flowers in my fashion show... You know Marco said it was you who sent it" I said.

"Dear, Marco won't admit his feeling but he gave you those flowers not me. I didn't even know you have a fashion show" she replied making my stomach churned.

why did marco lied to me?

after few strolling around the park, Alissa excused herself to accompany Marco on the lunch meeting. I let her leave, cause I still want to see few places like Marina Bay and Orchard Road.

I haven't seen Lucas but I know he is around. His job is to watch me anyway, I stopped at the cafe in the Orchard road and decided to have some coffee.