12

The next few days he didn't spend much time in the office. He had given her small jobs and let her organize the room for the most part. But overall she was just doing simple office work. He would often leave a stack of papers or files on the table and not be in until later on. Which she was completely alright with because it let her work in peace and quiet.

***
Stella had been working as Commander Ren's assistant for about a week now.

She walked down the hall from her quarters assuming that he wouldn't be there but she was wrong. He was leaning on the table facing his office. But she walked into the room with tunnel vision needing to finish cleaning a desk. He cleared his throat and she looked towards his back.

"Sir you're here early," she said quietly surprised to see him here. He turned to face her but she was in shock.

Handsome

This was the only thought that came to mind when she gazed upon his actual face. He was mask-less. He was an actual human being with scarred skin and dark hair. He stood in front of her watching her expression hoping that she would say something.

But she didn't, because she didn't know what to say. She was speechless she didn't even know that he was a human. She was confused as to why would he hide his face when it was so good looking?

She moved her eyes down to his chest unable to meet his eyes any longer.

"Stella I don't want you to call me that anymore,"

She looked up at him confusingly wanting to ask why. She melted into his eyes they seemed to put some kind of spell on her. She was drawn of the trance as the door slid open behind her. His eyes darted up from hers and over her head. After processing the situation she turned to face the door still standing in front of him. It was Fred. Commander Ren grimaced that this man interrupted them again. Ren glared at Fred from behind Stella the entire time he was there. From the moment Fred walked in, to when Stella handed him a folder of papers and especially when he thanked her for being on time explaining that no one else ever was. But Ren became agitated  as Fred continued speaking to her.
"Would you like to get lunch with me sometime," he asked hesitatingly. Then Ren took a step closer to Stella towering over her from behind. His jaw was clenched shut, out of annoyance and that was enough to make Fred uncomfortable.
"Think about it," Fred nodded and she smiled at him as he left.

She turned to face Commander Ren looking up at him and leaned back a little seeing as they were closer than before.

"Is there something you prefer to be called," she asked politely.

"Kylo or Ren anything but Sir or Commander," he said as he looked back down at her waiting for her to decide. It was her choice.

"Ren," she said quietly and his jaw relaxed when he heard his name coming from her lips. He nodded slightly in approval and she gave him a small smile.