Chapter 2: Wide Awake

┌── ∘°❉°∘ ──┐
𝑅𝒶𝒾𝓃
└── °∘❉∘° ──┘

However, the person behind her managed to grab it just in time. "Careful Savanah, you're going to break something," a boy came up behind her and smirked not looking in my direction. He had dark brown hair and green eyes, and light skin. He looked somewhat like my brother but he wasn't him.

My brother was much taller than him and had a different hair and skin color. He was confused as Savanah's hands started to shake. That's when he turned around and looked at me. His face turned from normal to shocked. His mouth was almost hanging open and his eyes were widened to the fullest extent.

"Oh, Rain you're back," he practically muttered and swallowed.

"Hey, Kota," I smiled back, his mouth dropped even more, probably figuring out it isn't a dream. I giggled, and Savannah ran up to me tears in her eyes, my mom let her do her worst tackle to me. She was crying on my shoulder I couldn't tell if it was tears of joy or she was emotional today or something?

"You woke up," she had a runny sound to what she said but I didn't mind it. "I would always make it, even if I got the Plague a million times," I mentioned, and she let go of me.

"Good," she nodded and wiped her eyes like a normal teenager would and calmed herself down. She looked down at me and then crossed her arms and shook her head as if she was deciding something.

"You really need to get out of that outfit," she mentioned then grabbed my hand pulling me off the cot. My mother looked frightened as if I was going to fall. However I didn't I was perfectly fine, using my legs to keep balance on the even ground.

"Let's go get you some more decent clothes," she mentioned with a smile and she was dragging me around my house until we made it into a blue painted room. With an ocean theme bed cover, and pillows. Then the closet doors were completely white but tinted slightly blue.

Then a same colored desk was sitting by a window that was covered by mesh, probably to keep the bugs out. My eyes averted from the window to the shelves that had a lot of stuffed animals and the brilliant looking flowers that were placed on my bookshelf where most of my books were placed. I mean of course it was a bookshelf, where else would I put them?

Savannah snapped me out of my observing moment by pulling me over to the closet and opened it.

I didn't have much time to look at it since she started picking out outfits for me. There was one, which happened to be a tank top with a hood, and pockets. She held jeans and hiking boots with it. I pointed at that one, she nodded probably figuring I'd chose that one.

"Well c'mon we have to go get groceries, Kota refuses to come, but he has to come anyway since everything became forest," Savanah mentioned and grabbed a backpack that looked gigantic, but I would need it to carry everything, like medicine and food with water.

"I'll be waiting by the path when you're ready to go," she mentioned as she left the room, which I soon figured out was mine. I did remember the whole world becoming forest and everything even cities covered in plants and torn down until no buildings from before were left standing like it was a restart button, not too far back though.

All of that growth appeared in seconds as if the speed was times 20, Forests appeared around the globe in seconds. Overgrowth then started to happen, I don't remember when it happened, my mind is still adjusting and the memories were coming back slowly.