three.

bruno

I'm backstage at my first show with my new set list and i'm sweating bullets. This isn't like me, i'm never this nervous. What do I have to be nervous about ? I'm Peter Gene freakin Hernandez. "Okay guys it's about 5 minutes till showtime does that sound okay with you ?"
Me and the band nods as we continue warming up. I feel a hand on my shoulder as I turn around and see Eric trying to comfort me. "Hey bro no sweat. You know you got this. If not I'll turn the attention to me." he says and I smirk. "Yea so you can freeze and forget your part." I say and we both laugh. "Okay fellas. Showtime !" I say and the lights go down and the curtain comes up and my band plays the melody to Why Do Fools Fall In Love and I begin singing as I take a look at the crowd.

I finish up a couple more song and begin taking a look at the crowd. "Wow y'all look beautiful tonight. Are you ready to experience the Magic of Polynesia ?" I scream attempting to hype the crowd up. I take a look into the audience and see what I think is a familiar face. "This next song is called When Can I See You by Babyface. I hope you all enjoy it." This is the time when I get interactive with crowd, walk into the audience, ya know all that good shit.
When can my heart beat again?
When does the pain ever end?
When do the tears stop from running over?
When does "you'll get over it" begin?
I hear what you're sayin'
But I swear that it's not making sense
So when can I see you
i make my way to who I now am sure is mystery girl from the restaurant the other day. She seems to be there with her parents who are on their phone, seemingly working. They're not even paying attention but better for me. The spotlight follows me to her and shines on me and her as she smiles. I grab her hand as I stand near her table and sing to her. I seem to get her parents attention and they smile as me as I sing to her.
Please hear what I'm sayin'
Even if, if it's not making sense
So when can I see you
When can I see you again?
can my heart beat again?
When can I see you again?
And when can I breathe once again?
And when can I see you again?
When I get a break I give her a kiss on the hand as the song comes to an end as I make my way back to the stage. I end the song and my set as I finally get back to the stage. "Thank you everybody my name is Bruno Hernandez now please enjoy the show and don't forget to tip your waiters." I say as I make my way off the stage. Now that I know she's here I have to find her after the show.

amaya

After the show, I sit and wait for my parents to pay the bill for dinner. I'm pretty sure they didn't even pay attention to the show, but they surely paid attention to when Bruno(finally found out his name) came over to me. He has the voice of an angel. It's beautiful. I hear a group of people cheering from behind me. I turn around and see it's Bruno's family congratulating him for tonight. "I'll be right back mom. Is that fine?" I say and they don't really look up. "Yea that's fine. Just don't be too long." I scoot away and make my way over to his table. I tap his shoulder and he turns around. "Hey !" he says as he gives me a small hug. "Bruno who is this ?"
"Is this your girlfriend ?"
"She definitely looked like it while you were singing to her." His, who I assume, siblings tease him. He blushes and looks down. "Shut up T." he says and they laugh. He grabs my hand gently as we step away from his family. "Hey B where ya goin?" His friend from the restaurant screams. "I'll be back soon." he screams back. We just walk to a slightly more secluded area to talk. "So I never caught your n-"
"Amaya. And I think I caught yours. Umm Bruno is it ?" I say and he chuckles. "That's my stage and nickname."
"Ahh. so your real name is..."
"Peter. Peter Gene" He says smiling at me as I nod. "You did great tonight. Your voice is amazing." I say and he smiles. "Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's my first time with this new set list. I was kind of scared but I killed it like always." He says and I giggle at him. "Wow so confident."
"Well of course. It comes with being a superstar." he says. He's quite the comedian. "So I should probably get going, but I would love to talk to you later is that possible?"
"I don't know Mr. Confident, you tell me" I say and he sticks his phone out to me. I take it and put my number into his phone and he smirks at me once he sees that I put my name as 'Amaya ;)' "Text me tonight ?" I ask and he slowly leans in and kisses my cheek. "Sure thing." he says smiling at me. "Can I walk you back to your table?"
"Of course." I say as he leads the way. " I'm sorry I haven't mentioned you look amazing tonight." he says and I smile pretty hard. "Oh I got you blushing." He says laughing and I chuckle. "I wasn't blushing it's just kinda hot around here."
"Sorry my fault." He says and I snicker at him. "You're so full of yourself" I say to him as we approach his table. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce her to you guys earlier this is Amaya." He says and his family an friends all smile at me. "Hi it's really nice to meet you all, but I have to get going. My parents are probably looking for me."
"I'll see you later Maya." He says and I smile at him. "I'll see you later Peter Gene" I say smiling. I walk back to my table with my parents who probably didn't even realize that I was gone. "Hey i'm back." I say as I see them getting up from their seats. "Good we're just about ready to go. Who's that boy that was singing to you during the pre-show?" My mom asks as we walk to the car. "Umm he's just a friend." I saw smiling a bit "Well he seems like a nice guy. Handsome.-"
"Mom, when I say just a friend, I mean he's just a friend." She laughs at me. "Okay i was just kidding Maya."
"Well I like the kid because he's a working man. He might not get anywhere as a singer though. That's not a stable income." my dad butts in as we get into the car. "Well good thing I'm not dating him right." I say sarcastically and they laugh not getting it. "Yea you're much better off with one of the boys from your school." My mother says as I roll my eyes. "Yep. I've heard." I say as we begin our dissent home. When we finally get home, it's around midnight. I take a shower and put my pajamas on as I turn on Hercules. That movie seemed to zoom by and it ended at around 1:45. I turn on Lion King as I feel myself getting a little drowsy. I'm waken up by a text from a unknown number. "Hey. sorry i'm so late. My family decided to celebrate after our show." he text me and I smile. "It's okay I was wide awake anyways." I lie. We end up having an amazing conversation this night getting to know each other and just being friendly since all we are is friends at the moment. Little did I know this would be a start to a great friendship. What I didn't know is how secluded it would have to be.