Chapter 11

Extra long chapter:

Y/n's pov

Sans and I walked home in silence, and once we reached the house sans knocks on the door. There was a lot of rustling going on behind the door before it was opened by toriel. I was getting suspicious but they could be working on a collaborative Christmas gift so I brushed it off. I was honestly really tired, so I started heading to the couch to take a nap. Unfortunately, toriel and frisk were already taking up most of the couch. I wasn't gonna ask them to move, so I found a comfortable spot on the floor and drifted off to sleep.

Sans' pov

After y/n and I walked inside, y/n started to walk to the couch, but after noticing frisk and toriel there, she somehow got comfortable on the floor and fell asleep. She must've been exhausted because she fell asleep fast. I tapped Tori's shoulder, and pointed at y/n. Tori then activated mom mode and cleared the couch while frisk got a pillow and blankets, and got y/n onto the couch. I then teleported to my bed and fell asleep too, gotta rest up for Christmas Eve tomorrow. As I drifted off to sleep, the only thing I could think about was how well y/n read my emotions. I then found myself dreaming about y/n. I could almost feel her still massaging my wings, calming me down. It felt like for the first time in years, I felt truly happy. Everyone was alive, and on the surface. Y/n was the newest member of our family, and all I want to do is make her happy. All of these happy thoughts swarmed my mind while I slept, and then, I woke up. I opened my eye sockets to the bright sun shining through my window. Man, I love feeling well rested. I look at my clock and it read 10:47, huh, everyone must be waiting for me since it's Christmas Eve and all. I rummage through my closet and found the Christmas sweater I got last year. It's a red sweater with a green and white zig-zag pattern on the top and bottom, with a caption in the middle that reads "snow puns intended". I put it on and kept my basketball shorts and slippers because they're comfy. I walked out of my room and noticed that y/n was still fast asleep on the couch, and there was a delicious scent coming from the kitchen. Smells like eggs and quiche? I walked to the kitchen and yup, it was a quiche. Toriel and papyrus were both in the kitchen, papyrus apparently did the eggs, and toriel did the quiche. Toriel noticed my entrance and walked up to me and said "y/n has been asleep for a long time now, 12 hours now I think", I then said "well, we all did take her to a huge shopping spree to get the renovation done. Plus I think she's an introvert". Toriel asked "what makes you say that?", I said "she told me that she can feel others emotions as her own sometimes, she also said something about having strong empathy too". Toriel nodded and said "let's just let her wake up on her own", I nodded in agreement. I was then given a plate with a slice of quiche and a portion of scrambled egg. I ate in silence while thoughts about y/n swarmed in my mind. Toriel sat in front of me and said something that made me almost choke on my food, "I know you have a crush on her". I began to feel flustered and asked "how", toriel then said "you're blushing, plus your present gave it away". I asked "do you think she likes me back?", toriel said "she may not realize it, but I have seen her blush when she's around you". I looked at the clock, and it read 11:24. Just then, y/n started to shift and get up. I said "look who finally decided to wake up", y/n blushed and said "heh, oops". I then said "anyway, we have eggs and quiche if you're hungry", y/n said "thanks", and walked to the kitchen. Toriel then asked "so y/n, what Christmas sweater are you going to wear?", y/n answered "whatever I'm given". As if on cue, mettaton burst through the door. Mettaton then loudly asked "did someone say something about a Christmas sweater?", y/n had jumped at the boom the door made from being kicked open, but calmed once she saw that it was just mettaton being over dramatic again. Mettaton said "I have the perfect sweater for you to wear", and pulled out a green sweater with a red and white design going across it like the stripes on frisks usual sweater. Y/n said "it's perfect, thanks mettaton. Now I gotta get changed, be right back", getting up from the table and taking the sweater that mettaton held out for her. Y/n then flew to the bathroom and locked the door behind her.