Chapter #19

I woke up to someone shaking me violently, "Oh shit, Heather wake up!" Ethan said.

I was up in a second, my eyes blinking furiously as I frowned in confusion as to why everything was so dark, "What?"

"It's nine!" He said.

I struggled as I scrambled onto my feet, as Ethan stood up, checking the time on his phone.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I forgot to wake you up and also fell asleep." He winced, smiling a little.

"What an idiot..." I shook my head as I looked at him in disbelief... "Okay! Let's go then! What are you waiting for?!" I asked, laughing as I spoke to his silhouette.

"Okayyy!" He said to my insisting tone. I passed through the branches and waited on Ethan. When he took a little long, I called his name, "Ethaaaaan?" I said in frustration.

When there was no answer. I frowned warily at the willow tree's curtain of leaves, "Ethan?" I called his name cautiously.

I didn't even want to try and open the canopy to see what this boy was up to. My heart started beating faster, and my worry made my body grow hot.

"Ethan, I swear to god, if this is another of your stupid games that you used to do then I- AAAH!" I screamed when he jumped out of nowhere and spooked me.

His planned went completely side ways, and "Oh shit!" he slipped on the wet soil landing straight on his tailbone.

"HAHAHA! Karma's a bitch." I laughed at him.

I looked at him amusingly, and then nodded towards the way by which we came, "Come on, let's get going." I said.

"Wait, wait, wait," He breathed in and out, holding his ass, "I think I fell on my balls." He said in confusion as he cupped his groin.

I laughed at him, and then waited for him to make sure his parts were intact, then he went to get the nicely folded blanket, and then we started walking back to the lake house as he cupped his crotch and winced every now and then.

***

"The lights are still on." Ethan stated when we emerged from the forest.

"Yeah, are your balls on you as well?" I snickered.

He glared at me, "Fuck you." and I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"You're so mean to me." He pouted.

I grinned at him, "Not my fault you're stupid and I'm not scared of pointing it out."

He admitted defeat, and stomped on the stones that covered the parking lot. We walked up the stairs to the house, stepped into the quiet house, and then made a right to the kitchen.

As we stepped in, Aunt May hopped off the counter, "Finally." She sighed and walked off to the stove at the pots, "You guys were out for long..." She mentioned, eyeing us a little.

"Hey, yeah, sorry. Ethan's fault." I stammered.

"Wha—Heather!" He piped.

My eyes widened in excitement, "What? It was your fault that we got back so late! You fell asleep!" I said as a matter of fact.

"You're so mean..." he pouted again.

Aunt May looked over her shoulder, "Pff- grow up, Ethan." She mocked his mood.

"Aunt May, you of all people should know how much I've grown—"

She cut him off, "Yeah, denser than the last time we spoke on the phone," she snickered.