Chapter 23: An Unexpected Group Terrorize the Seaport Bay!

Darkness overshadows the Seaport Bay, covering the majority of the area within its barricade. Only the moon and the stars give light to the Pokemon roaming around at night.

Inside of Draven's home, Draven and Udep are in their bedroom, Draven tucking the Clauncher in his bed as he puts the cover over his body. The bedroom itself contains only a minimal amount of furniture: two beds, a lamp on the dresser between the beds, and a blue carpet in the middle of the room. The megaphone and sign are leaning against the wall, being in the far right corner.

Draven sighs in relief, floating off to his bed. "Ah, what a wonderful day we had. Can't wait for tomorrow to be even better!" Draven says happily, lying down on the bed.

"U-Um, cousin." Udep pauses for a moment, staring at the grey ceiling.

"Yes?"

"I'm...curious about ships. Like how long do you think the ship business will last...?"

Draven blinks for a moment before coming into a realization. "Ah. Your mind is still thinking about those Callers, huh?"

Udep turns to face the Clawitzer across from him, nodding feebly. "Yes...Ever since I've heard they can teleport you anywhere you want, I feel like ships would become useless."

Draven shifts over to look back. "Hmm. I can see where you're coming from, my dear cousin. But I can assure you that the business will continue onwards."

Udep widens his eyes in suspense. "Really?"

Draven nods. "Indeed. Ships have always been a staple to those wanting to reach another location, especially if they hadn't visited it before." Draven looks at the lamp, seeing a Caller next to it with a wire at the end. He notices the wire coming from one end to a socket behind the dresser, indicating that it's being plugged into the wall. "Besides, those things rely on charging. They can go down pretty quick, depending on the battery." The Clawitzer chuckles. "And we all know how much of a disaster it'll be if everyone relies solely on Callers for transportation. Might as well travel on foot, while you're at it!"

"Oh. I see then." Udep twiddles with his claws while looking down. "S-So it's unlikely for the business to go down, then?"

"Positively. I reckon that the teleportation process can have up to five Pokemon. No more than that. So imagine wanting to go to a location you've visited before, but you're also thinking about bringing seven other folks with you, too."

"Oh...I guess that would be difficult without a ship, then."

"Indeed. Callers may be a neat and easy way for transportation, but its flaws are the reason why folks still travel with ships till this day." Draven smiles at the Clauncher. "Our announcing days are still alive and kicking, cousin. So don't fear the future. Instead, acknowledge it and focus on the present."

Udep looks at the Clawitzer, slowly forming a confident look on his face as he smiles back. "Y-Yeah. I'll try to do that for now on, big cousin!" He says happily.

Draven reaches his big claw out to pet Udep on the head, being mindful of the lamp beside it. "Let's get some rest now. We'll need to check on the progress for the new ship just in case we need the energy to announce it being ready."

Udep nods. "Okay!" Soon, the two proceed onwards to sleep, Udep nuzzling his pillow excitedly while Draven straightens his.

Over at the crew's home, everyone there is asleep as well: Some of them are sleeping in the upstairs bedroom, while the others are in the bottom bedroom. The house itself has a living room beside the stairs and the kitchen, the hallway by the left leading to the bottom floor bedroom and a window next to it. The living room also has some decor, such as three couches and a table that's surrounded by the couches.