I

"Riah," Mr

"Riah," Mr. Cole called, but no answer.

He looks up to see Riah staring into space; her own little world. She seems to be there more than she is here.

"Riah?" He calls again.

"Ri-

"Yes?" She finally answers with a sigh.

"You need to focus, okay?"

She nods her head innocently and looks down at her blank sheet of paper. She turns to look at the empty desk beside her.

"Can't wait to see you Stokes," She mumbles.

Today, for the first time since Stokeley has been locked up, Riah is going to visit him with his cousin Coolie. Stokeley didn't want Riah seeing him his first couple of weeks there, so he had her wait until his 2nd month.

The bell had finally rung and as usual, Mr. Cole pulls Riah aside to talk.

"You need to stay on task during my class Riah. Don't let your thoughts take over."

She nods.

"I'm serious. Next week is our last week of school and we have exams. Your failing my cl-

"I'm failing!?"

He nods his head, "That exam next week will be the only thing that can pass you."

Still in shock, she nods her head and speed walks to her next class.

As the teacher talks, her brain can't help but wonder off; thinking about if Stokeley has changed a bit or if he still looks the same. 2 months has felt like 2 years to her. She couldn't wait to tell him all the new news; like her boyfriend.

His name is Rodric. They've known eachother for a while, but began to date after Stokeley had gotten locked up. He was scared of Stokeley and wasn't good at hiding it; that's why he waited to ask Riah out. He knew they're best friends and he didn't want to ruin that.

"Detention!" Mrs.Kuronya blurted out which certainly got Riah's attention.

Mrs.K was looking right at her.

"What?" Riah said.

"I said Detention. I've called on you 3 times and you've just been staring at the wall," She began to write the Detention slip.

"Detention today!? No no no I can't do that I have somewhere to go," She whines.

The whole class has her attention.