II

"Bye bro I'll see you at lunch," Jahseh and Stoke dap up before Stoke is transferred to another room

They switch roommates every two weeks. Jahseh will be in his little corner every other time. Him and Stokeley have became good friends, but Jahseh was still the good, quiet kid.

He would write in his journal as if the world around him didn't exist; as if he had no mouth to express how he feels. Everything that came to mind, he would write it down. He would write these things down until it was lunch time, where he saw his only friend he'd talk to.

He saw him in the lunch line and got in line.

"Shhhtokelely!" He says with cracks in his voice.

"Jashehhhh!" Stokeley says the same way. "Wassup brotha?"

"Nothing really, my new roommate ain't fucked with me yet so I'm cool."

"Yo my roommate is gay dawg."

Jahseh holds in his laugh, "Forreal? Don't drop the durag!"

"It's not even funny bro, this nigga keeps starring at me; shit is hella uncomfortable."

"Just tell one of the guards you can't be in the same room as him."

"Oh true," Stokeley finishes getting his food and they sit at a table. "So you been writing anything new?"

"Yeah, actually."

"Spit that shit son!"

Jahseh laughs, "I'm not done yet though."

"Just spit what you got."

He nods his head and clears his throat.

"Rap for the nap of a sack nigga
Who blizzardous raps bigger than men of a pack, ren
To the top of the gat, rippin, I'm busting up wack niggas
Chart or a plaque, nigga, what do you choose?
Simply irrelevant, hm, cynical evident
Please, wrestling evidence
Keys moving when definite
Soul goes for the president
Bleed red for the government
Tease-," he begins to chuckle.

"That's all I got right now," Jahseh says.

"Yo no lie, that shit was fire dawg! When you get out you need to drop that shit! Call me when you do," Stoke said.

"I bet you can rap."

Stoke laughs, "Who? Me? Nah I'm ass, but your flames my guy."

"Nah I can see it. You got flames."

"Bro I swear I suck ass," he says. "I use to get high with my white friends and they use to make me freestyle trust me you don't wanna hear."

"But I do."

"But you don't."