Prolouge

I have a secret. That nobody else knows about, not even my parents, but I felt I needed to get it off my chest. So, I'm a mermaid. I've been one since I was eight, and I remember when I found out about it like it was yesterday.

*flashback*

My 8th birthday party ended and now it is time for me to take a bath. I let the warm water fill up the bathtub. I climb inside and my feet start to feel weird and suddenly they won't separate. I'm very nervous, so I lift up my feet and I don't know if I"m happy, worried, or scared when I see a mint green tail. I'm a mermaid

I really want to yell out for help, but I'm scared that my parents would tell everyone and put me in for tests to see why I'm a mermaid, so I keep quiet and decide I will not tell anybody under any circumstances.

I'm in shock and don't realize that I'm literally staring at my tail for about 30 minutes, but suddenly I here a knock on the door.

"Jenny, are you okay? I'm coming in." it was my mom.

Quickly I put my tail under water before she sees anything.

"Jenny, here are your pajamas, I brought really warm ones because there is going to be a huge snowstorm tonight" she still talks with that little kid voice as if I were 2, but I guess I'm still considered a "little kid". My mom sets my most favorite cookie monster footy pajamas. She knows me so well.

Finally she leaves the bathroom and i quickly drain the water and roll out of the bathtub and onto the floor. Surprisingly I land very quiet so it didn't sound like I fell. I look around for my towel and realize it's on the exact opposite side of the bathroom, great.

I flop around the bathroom and finally get to it. I dry myself off and see my tail start to glow, the glowing starts to dim and the tail is gone.

*end of flashback*