Chapter 3

Everyone's a stranger when you first meet them.

Until they save your life and you get to know them and their name. -Me-

She awoke to a start. Not knowing where she was or doing in a bed. She looked around at her surroundings. She was in a home, somebodys home. She got up reassured herself she was whole. She looked around again and her stomach growled.

Looking at her stomach she said"I am completely starved!"

Footsteps came from behind her and a voice of sweetness that flowed slow like honey  and filled with concern was heard.

"Hey there take it easy." the voice said," No need to rush your safe now." He went to her side tempting to guide her.

Zala turned around to see this male human stranger trying to help her.

"And why should I trust your kind? You could have healed me to torture me! Put poison in the food!" She snapped out of anger and exhaustion.

He looked at her blankly"Yes.. I believe I could to that but you see I am also different from my kind."

She got quiet showing a confused expression thinking to herself"What is this fool talking about?"

He continued"You see I was raised by elves."

Zala folded her arms and gave the 'I don't believe you look'. Then her stomach growled really loud this time. It made him smile. He had been on his on for a long time with no one to talk to and no ones stomach growling.

"Here sit and eat and we will swap stories I'll tell you mine first while you eat." He gestured to he one chair and table.

She sat with with precaution eye him suspiciously. She brought her right hand up which was glowing a faint purple  and moved it over the bowl. 

He looked at her unsurprised. She was checking for poison no doubt and there wasn't any. She began to eat while he told his story.

" I was but a lad when they found me. They told me they were walking through town getting supplies when they saw me thrown out. You see I was beat by my biological parents everyday for doing anything they thought was wrong. I couldn't even be happy! without getting slapped!" he began.

She looked at him searching for a bruise but of course they would have went away by now. Then she saw his scar and looked upon it wondering how it got there.

 Hey payed no heed to her eyes on his scar. So he continued on.

"They brought me to an elvish sanctuary hidden deep within the wintry forest of Winscal which is up North.They taught me to love and be happy and unafraid of these dangers the world has to offer."

Zala had been finished eating and didn't want to disrupt his tale. She searched within his eyes partially hoping to find lies and deceit but she found none. And with that she began to trust him even just a little. it was still called trust.

 he clapped his hands together "Right then. thats all for now.Now if you were to stay around me longer you should know the whole story!"

Zala looked out the window to find it was dark outside. She got up and made her way to the door.

"Thank you greatly for healing me sir I am in your debt."

"Now hold on a minute! You speak of a debt you can repay! Stay with me for tonight at least I've been alone for so long I forgot what it feels like to have a friend." He walked over to her.

She nods her head having no where else to go and sits back down in the chair. 

He smiled at her"What is your name?"

She simply answered still feeling a little uneasy at this new man she just met reluctantly said her name"Zala."