Nineteen

"So what do you think?" Shawn asked Beyoncé as she looked around his new apartment, the first thing he could call his own

She smiled and nodded her head in amazement. Shawn figured that she wouldn't like it because of how small it was and she wasn't very used to small, but he was surprised by her reaction.

"I like it. It really fits you. The bedrooms are a nice size too." She said as she walked behind him to the bedroom he had claimed for the twins when they arrive.

"Thanks ma. This will be the twins' room and hopefully when they're old enough, I'm able to save enough to get something bigger.. I just have to do what I can right now."

Beyoncé nodded and turned him faced her. Shawn smiled when she cupped his face and pecked his lips.

"I love you and I'm proud of you." She said, staring into his eyes, "You're doing amazing and I'm happy to help you whenever, however."

"I know. All you wanna do is help, but I got this. I already paid my first month's rent."

Beyoncé gasped and covered her mouth, "Are you serious? You said we were just looking!"

Shawn laughed at her reaction and pulled her into a hug, "The lady offered me a deal. Rent suppose to be $550 a month but she lowered to $350 for me. I couldn't pass that up so I went ahead and signed. This place is mine babe. All I have to do is buy furniture."

"Then what we waiting on!" Beyoncé said, walking out the door with Shawn following. He wasn't prepared to furniture shop today, but if Beyoncé said step, he was going to step.

As he drove her car to the closest furniture store, he took quick glances at her only to notice her rubbing her belly. He smiled at the gesture and put his hand over hers.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah babe. I'm a little hungry though."

"Me too. What you want to eat?"

Beyoncé shrugged, "Maybe we can go grocery shopping after we finish with the furniture so I can cook you something before you go to work tonight."

Shawn loved the idea of his girl cooking him something to eat in his new home, but he didn't have the money for it. He wasn't even sure how he was going to buy furniture. He didn't want to tell her that because she seemed excited to just be in his presence, so he left it alone.

"That sounds nice and all, but it's okay babe. I'm pretty sure my mom cooked us something."

Beyoncé shook her head and got out of the car once they made it to the furniture store. "I don't recall asking you if it was okay," She said when Shawn opened the door for her, "So shut up and just point out whatever you want."

Shawn sighed and grabbed her hand before they could walk completely in the store. "Baby listen, you don't have to do this. You've done enough for me. I haven't done enough for you. So let me just do this on my own."