15

Kira awoke back in her bed, or was it. "Where am I?" She wondered aloud. "Somewhere safe," she heard her brother's voice answer. Looking around, Kira saw her brother through the bars of... "A cage?" She asked incredulosly, "Peter, why am I in a cage?" "You'll be safe in there," Peter replied, "Felix, hang it next to the others." Kira felt her cage be hoisted off the ground but the sricks making up the cage walls made it hard to see much. "Peter!" Kira screamed, hearing her brother's footsteps fading, "Peter! Why are you doing this?!!" "I can't let anyone hurt you. I have to protect you." Peter replied, his teeth gritted, sounding almost hurt as he walked away. "By locking me in a cage!?!" Kira screamed but Peter was already out of earshot. She slumped back in the cage, defeated. Kira felt the cage come to a halt and the boys that had been lifting it, walked away. As soon as she couldn't hear the boys anymore, Kira pulled out her knife and began cutting the ropes holding a wall of sticks together. She knew it was a longsot, but still tried. Apparently, luck was on Kira's side that day because after just about 5 minutes of working at the ropes, the sticks fell to the ground in a pile. She was only a few yards off the ground so she jumped, landing rolling. She had just begun to walk back towards camp when she felt strong hands grab her wrists, pinning them to her back. "Nice try sis," she heard her brother say smugly before everything went black.

Thanks for reading! Please leave any ideas in the comments below! BYeeeeeeeee!