Chapter 10

Camila was really glad that her father had joined them in Chile. It gave her a really good excuse to not spend a lot of time with the girls, and by that she meant Lauren. The whole arrangment James had made was making everything very difficult for Camila. She really wanted to forget about the feelings she had for her bandmate, but it seemed harder and harder every second she spent with her.

Besides, having Dinah talking about her stupid plan to make Lauren like her back wasn't really helping. It just made her feel like her feelings were all the more helpless and ridiculous. Clearly Camila didn't believe that a plan like that could work, but that didn't stop her to plan cute little surprises for Lauren's birthday. Since they had to spend time together, maybe they could even go out for a fancy dinner in Buenos Aires, maybe try to dance tango and fail misserably.

But Lucy was coming. Lucy Vives. Camila sighed. She didn't know why, but she felt very threaten by her bandmate's friend. It's not like they were dating or anything, Lauren had always made it very clear that she was straight, but there was something about Lucy that just made Camila feel very insecure. She couldn't really explain it. It was a feeling deep in her gut.

"Mija, are you okay?" Alejandro said, taking Camila out of her thoughts.

They had been walking around Santiago for a few hours. Some fans saw her walking on Parque Forestal and took a few pictures with her. They had later entered the Bellas Artes Museum, and were now sitting in a small cafeteria inside the museum. No one seemed to care that she was there. Not that the cafeteria had a lot of public.

"Yeah, sorry papi. I guess I'm just kind of tired after last night's show. You know?" Camila excused herself.

"I bet! That was a big one. And very intense too."

Alejandro was right. Following Perú's concert, a lot of fans were very angry because the girls only sang three song from 7/27, and it was supposed to be that album's tour. In reality, it felt more like a Reflection tour 2.0. Some fans in Argentina even returned their tickets. So, in Chile, they added 3 songs from 7/27 to the setlist. In Perú, they only sang Write On Me, All In My Head and, obviously, Work From Home. In Chile, they sang for the first time live, Dope, No Way and Squeeze. The people went nuts. Oh, and Ally cried during No Way. It was a very intense concert.

But Camila wasn't really tired. She'd had a very good night sleep. She just couldn't stop thinking about the plans she had made for Lauren's birthday and how they were all ruined now because of Lucía Vives.

"Karla, mija, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about," Alejandro said, interrumpting Camila's thoughts once again. Camila raised her eyebrows to make him understand that she was listening. "James talked to your mom and I..." he trailed off at the end, lowering his voice and looking around the small cafeteria.

"Ugh, dad, no. If this is about what I think it is-" Camila started, before getting cut by her father.

"He told us about the new...advertising plan he had. He wanted to make sure that we knew so we didn't stop you or anything."

"Can we not talk about this? It's kind of annoying and James is kind of an asshole," the girl said. She didn't really feel like talking about that, let alone with her dad. Besides, lately it seemed that it was pretty much all she talked about. Whenever she was hanging out with Dinah, her friend would talk about that and Lauren non-stop. And then when she was hanging out with Lauren, half the time it was because James made them to.

"Fine. We don't have to talk about this. I just want you to know that I think it's a good idea," the man said, before sipping his coffee.

«What?»