Let's Get Started (prologue)

"Look, you seem alright as a person, but let's make one thing clear: I'm not going anywhere. Not until Vah Medoh has fallen from the sky. If I have to kill it, so be it."

You knew how persistent he was on trying to dissuade you. But it didn't look like Teba was going to make any progress without help. The other Rito warrior went out of commision when his wing was shot, and it looked like Teba had been anchored to the Flight Range ever since.

So you proved yourself. You took his bow and shot the targets he set up. He was impressed; you were able to tell he started to see you as more than just an annoying Hylian. You were the help he needed to take down the airborne mechanical menace that was the Divine Beast Vah Medoh.

As you latched onto his back when preparing for takeoff, his clothes and feathers felt as cold as the surrounding mountain wind. But you were able to feel his heart pumping with excitement and adventure, which filled you with comfort and determination. Despite the freezing temperatures, it felt like a long, warm hug you never wanted to let go of. Teba didn't seem to mind at all, but tried to keep your mind on the main event.  "Don't get too comfortable just yet, kid," he joked, noticing your calm yet firm embrace. "We still need to beat the damn thing."

Yep. Eventually you needed to jump off his back and pull out your bow to actually fight the beast. That's why you decided to help him, right?