- 41. -

Max
Sometimes I wonder why people are the way they are

Alex
What? Are you okay?

Max
Oh yeah I'm great

Max
I was just thinking about that and I needed to tell someone

Alex
Alright, wanna talk about it?

Max
Not really

Max
I'm transfering schools, you know?

Alex
Hey that's cool

Alex
At least you won't have those kids bullying you

Max
I know

Max
I mean yeah, it's nice

Alex
Max, are you sure you're alright? You sound kinda off

   I take my laptop and I decide to videocall him, so that I can explain myself better and maybe he'll understand.

   After a couple of seconds, Alex's face shows up on the screen.

   "Hey b- Wait, are you crying?" He asks as soon as he starts talking. "Max, what's wrong?"

   "I just hate this." I mumble after a sniffle.

   "What is it?"

   "Everyone thinks they can go past me, pull me down and humiliate me. They just don't get it." I stop myself and I grab the ends of my hair on my fists. "A-And then they do it again every day, as if it was a habit of theirs to hurt me, and it sucks." I let out a sob as I hug myself as much as I can. "It just makes me think about why everyone that sticks around isn't like them."

   "What do you mean?" He asks softly.

   "Why don't you hate me too? Or my moms?"

   "Whoa, are you really asking that right now? Max I love you to death, you know that, and I'm sure that your mothers do too."

   "Yeah, but why? Why do others treat me differently if there are aspects about me to love?"

   "Because some people just decide to be assholes towards the loveliest creatures, Max." He says and I look at him, well, at the screen. "You are the most beautiful, kind and incredible human being I've ever met, alright? Remember that when you don't feel okay."

   "I don't even know what I did to deserve you." I say, cracking a little smile for the first time in the whole conversation.

   "Being you." He smiles back. "That's what you did."