I woke the next day and went to Slate. I kicked him awake and snarled. “I’m leaving. You are alpha now. Take Rose as you mate I know you like each other. I will leave tomorrow. I will find a mate today.

At that I left. I ran down to where our land met neutral. I stepped out of the territory with a leap. Now I would be an enemy if I ever returned.

I knew males from the Canyon and Rising Plains packs would be looking for mates. So I did the obvious thing. I kept on the edge of Rising Plains territory and swam to the Canyon pack territory.

The trip was complete by dusk and no one bothered to come to the borders so I got away with it.

I caught the scent of a traveling male so I followed it. Where I was it was three days old. I ran at a trackers pace until I came to my territory, odd.

Adrenaline filled my body so I made it back to the den site. I would search for a mate the next day. I felt my energy fail me and I slid, falling on my side, and falling into a black that I knew was unconsciousness.

When I woke the sun was shining brightly and my fur was damp with water. I groaned and closed my eyes still exhausted from the running I had down the day before.

I heard snuffling by me and I felt a muzzle nudge me. “Are you all right?” The voice definitely belonged to a male. Definitely not Slate. He could've killed me.

Probably a softy from the Dark Forest pack. I turned and squinted my eyes. A wolf came into focus. A red brown male, most likely a dispersal eldest wolf.

“No, can’t you see my stiff muscles? Who are you anyway? You aren’t from the Valley or Tower Falls pack. The would've killed me or taken me prisoner.” “Wow, tough packs.” “You know the legends, up here, you do anything to survive. Even if it means killing an unconscious wolf.”

“Still, anyway, i’m a dispersal from the Canyon Pack. Who are you?” “A dispersal from the Tower Falls Pack. Tell me your name and I will tell you mine” “My name is Bronzen, probably for my coat.” “My name is Arya. Go away and let me sleep."

He stalked a few paces away with a sigh. He flopped down and watched me with a quiet expression. I snorted in disgust and turned around. I was cautious but I felt safe.

I would talk again in the evening. Hopefully I had found a mate.