Seventeen: Back off, That's a Warning

Gabbie's POV

   Sammy and Jessica were already asleep. "I'm tired," Colleen announced, "I'm going to sleep." "Goodnight," Rachel said, and Colleen went to her tent. "What is your brother talking about?" Rachel asked. "Oh, I'm Bi, so he thinks I'm perfect with everyone," I explained, hoping my lie would work. Rachel left after a little while, and it was just me and Chris.

   "You lied," he announced. "What?" I said, trying to act surprised. "You have a crush," he continued, "and your brother knows because you're one of those motherly sisters." "Fine, you caught me," I confessed, "with both. I definitely take care of my brother more than my parents do. They were always so busy with their low-paying jobs. I wonder if they're safe." "Back off," he snapped, "my sister deserves better than you. You give me a bad vibe. A really bad, toxic one. This is a warning to you." "She doesn't like me back though," I replied. "Oh, she does, so back. Off," he demanded. Jessica got out from the tent. "Is everything ok babe?" she asked. "Yes, Everything is fine," he answered. "Goodnight Gabbie," he said, turning around to shoot me one last look. I was left alone to contemplate his words in the dark.

Colleen's POV

"Where are Chris and Jessica? They've been gone for a while," Rachel pointed out. I paled with worry. "Is everything ok?" Gabbie asked, peeking her head out of the tent. Her long brown hair framed her face perfectly. "Chris and Jessica haven't been back for hours," I explained. "Should we go looking?" she suggested. "I'm going now," I announced. "I'll stay here in case they come back," Rachel announced. "I'll go with you Colleen," Gabbie announced. Sammy got out of the tent with Gabbie. "Take care of my brother Rachel, you got that?" Gabbie said to Rachel. "Got it," she replied.

We left, and she caught me staring at her a couple of times. We reached the road, and the car was missing. "Should we split up?" Gabbie suggested. "No. I don't want to lose anyone else," I explained, and she smiled, looking so cute, "left?" "Sure," she replied, and we continued on. We found a convenience store, and Jessica's car was parked in the parking lot. "We found the car," I pointed out, "now we just have to find them." We went inside, and the bell dinged. "Chris?" I called out. "Jessica?" Gabbie called. We heard low moans, and I tried to run towards them. Gabbie yanked me back, and whispered in my ear, "What if they're zombies?" We crept toward the back of the store, and saw zombies. Chris and Jessica were there. I stood there, frozen. First Erik, and now Chris and Jessica? Gabbie pulled me around. "They aren't Chris and Jessica anymore," she told me, "we have to go. Now!" We ran out the door, and the zombies followed us slowly. I tried to yank the door to Jessica's car open, and realized, "Jessica has the keys!" We sprinted down the road, evading the zombies.

   We stopped in front of the entrance to the national park, out of breath. "From now on, we will always carry weapons," I told Gabbie. "My brother is not touching one," she responded, "he will be near one of us at all times." We walked back into the clearing, and Rachel was racing race cars with Sammy. Rachel looked up, and she realized. "Zombies," I said, "both of them." "And Jessica had the keys," Gabbie added, and I burst into tears. Gabbie walked over to comfort me, but Rachel walked faster. "I got this," she hissed at Gabbie, "we'll talk later." Gabbie walked away, and plastered a fake smile on her face. "Race cars?" she asked Sammy.

A/N: What do you think Rachel wants to talk about? Tell me in the comments!