Chapter twenty: The Awakened Power

Dazai sprinted from the block he was standing to the distant pace away from it before Elise could jerk herself on Dazai.
Clouds of gray smoke spread after the cement broke into pieces same as the wooden block from the strong impact Elise formed. Dazai almost stumbled but he luckily balance back as his eyes went darker and graver along with his expression while his eyes brown eyes set on the small kid's attack.

Mori amusedly chuckle watching Dazai trying to catch his breath from the efforts of dodging Elise's attack and unable to fight back. He stood beside the girl who was staring at Dazai as if any moment she would kill the target - all she need an order from the Mafia boss.

"Isn't it fun, Osamu Dazai?" He chuckled, opening his arms towards above him as if he's embracing a blessing coming towards him. In Dazai's eyes, he looks already out of his control. "Isn't this so fun? Very fun? Watching you unable to fight back but still trying not to give just for the girl you love!" He guffawed like a psycho. He really enjoyed this moment. Dazai remained his mouth shut, trying to catch his breath and to gain back his strength. He should be strong to protect (Y/n) which is now under Akutagawa's care. He jumped once again to the other pace when Elise sprinted towards him. Dazai suddenly felt his knees shaken which caused him to stumble and kneel.

"What now, Dazai? Are you just going to give up? Are you not the Armed Detective Agency's strongest detective?" He burst out laughing once again, mocking Dazai in his situation. Dazai groaned and gritted his teeth. There's no way he could fight back. His body suddenly went weak without even attacking or using force against the enemy.

(Y/n) was struggle to get away from Akutagawa's grasp while shouting Dazai's name. She knew Ougi and Dazai are having a duel - and what worries her more is that Mori would be using Elise against Dazai. She may not be that as strong as other people around her, but she would try her best to protect Dazai.

"Let me go! Dazai!" (Y/n) never stops struggling, running forward but Akutagawa always stops her. Ryunosuke gritted his teeth as he also struggle to make this girl behave. Ougi told him not to let (Y/n) pass through the line way to the place where they're fighting and let (Y/n) behave without scaring her or harm her.

The only way in Dazai's mind to make the girl still is to scare her. Another option in his mind is to act like a kind guy and calm her down. But he didn't want this to happen. He really dislikes to humiliate himself acting like a nice person. "Stop or you'll be bathing your own blood!" Akutagawa yelled.

"I don't care! I want to see Dazai! Let me go! I want to see him!" (Y/n) cried, continuously struggling. This girl is really hard headed. She won't even stop even she already heard the warning from Akutagawa.

"Let me to! Let me see Dazai! Let me see him!" The girl continuously cry until slowly, she stops and become calm. Akutagawa didn't react on the girl's sudden movement. But he remained his sharp eyes set on the female and waited if she might do something.

"I..." (Y/n) hanged her head as she crouched slightly although Ryunosuke was still holding him. "I can't take this anymore," her voice went softer. Akutagawa didn't change his facial expression - nor his mind wondering what the girl meant. He just prepared himself but he tighten his grasp on the girl's arm, to make sure she can't get away.

"I've never live a life," she whispered. "My world is always ruled by darkness. Only the Armed Detective Agency pulled me up from that miserable life and think of me as part of their family," she added. Silence momentarily filled the ambience, the black villain started to feel something mediocre will happen as he prepared himself for any circumstances coming.

"But you--" (Y/n) broke the silence. "--you Mafias won't let me go. You never stop to pull me back to hell, you always make me suffer until I lost conscience! Dazai's present group are the ones who gave me freedom! They showed me what I seek and what I was longing to feel! Armed Detective Agency is my only comfort! They are the only joy I have! But until here you would kill them just to break me!" (Y/n) started to yell - forgetting about the fear and worry she felt earlier. She suddenly turned brave but her heart was turning to anger.