III

"I beg your pardon?" Jisoo had to use practically every fiber of her being to hold her perfectly shaped smile steady on her mouth.

Jennie, likewise, had to resist the urge to knock that perfect smile right off of her cherry red lips.

"Oh nothing, I was just thinking outloud again, silly me." The brunette mocked and illustrated her point by letting loose an extremely forced giggle.

Jisoo's eye twitched. "I see."

"Let's get on with it then." The brunette pushed, blowing a slow bubble and letting it pop loudly with a flick of her tongue. That sound always calmed her down, and always managed to get under Jisoo's skin, from what she remembered. The girl stared at the bubble as it grew and deflated, the creases in her smile slowly beginning to show.

"You can't chew gum on school grounds."she tilted her head sweetly at the piercing look Jennie shot her way. "You'll have to throw it out before we continue."

"And if I don't want to?" She inquired. Jisoo's eyes narrowed. "Then I'll take it up with the principal. You don't want to get in trouble on the first day of school, do you?" The girl questioned. Jennie scoffed.

"What, you're gonna tattle on me? You really think I care?"

"Maybe you will once you get expelled for a second time."

At this, Jennie's indifferent expression morphed into one of pure menace. "That sounds like a threat." The brunette stepped foreward and popped another bubble, the action close enough to nearly brush Jisoo's nose. "Is it?"

Jisoo stared back at Jennie with eyes of pure disgust, her dainty smile growing ever so slightly. "You can interpret it as you like."

For a few seconds they stood with their eyes interlocked, the sound of Jennie's smacking filling the empty path. She suddenly leaned foreward passed Jisoo's shoulder, spitting her gum out, which just barely missed the class president's squeeky clean shoe.

Jisoo cursed herself for flinching at the action.

"Let's get this over with." The brunette breathed slowly. Jisoo straightened her posture and returned to her 'helpful class president' demeanor, walking a short distance ahead of Jennie.

"Right- So if you'll follow me, I'll show you around all the spots that have been added or moved in your absence, starting with the gymnasium."

They walked across the vast field to a building that seemed much smaller from the outside than it was on the inside. Jisoo pushed open the double doors to the gym, revealing a large open room with tan floors and a vaulted ceiling. Looking up, she could see the air vents snaking along the underside of the roof. On the far left, two doors with the labels 'male' and 'female' stood in small print. She could only assume they were the locker rooms.

"So do I also get gym class?" Jennie asked.

"Oh yes, but thankfully you guys only have gym on Thursdays, separated from the other classes." She smiled. Jennie dropped her brows.

"Yeah, cause God forbit you have to share the same air space with us for more than 10 minutes." She rolled her eyes, then cringed at the 'us' that escaped her lips. She still couldn't believe the school forced her into those damn shacks.

"I know, right?" Jisoo shivered, and Jennie had to stuff her hands in her pockets to keep them from ringing the girl's slim neck.

"So next up will be the writing center, which is on the other side of the school." Her smile twitched, but never left her face. Jennie followed behind her as they made their way out of the gymnasium.