Chapter 22

Rye's POV

"Alpha?" I heard Brooklyn's voice as he knocked on the door lightly. It has been two days since I found out Andy's truth. I didn't do anything except lying on my bed with an expressionless face and a jumbled up mind. I didn't have the energy to do anything at all. It was like all of my emotions, all of my energy has been drained out of me somehow.

I almost forgot about Brooklyn until he knocked again.

"Alpha Ryan, Are you okay in there?" He asked worriedly. I had the urge to ignore him until he goes away but he'll probably tell Mikey or Jack and I'm not in the mood to be lectured again. Therefore, I sighed heavily and got up from my bed, feeling a little dizzy as I walked towards the door.

"What is it?" I asked blankly as I came to face a very concerned Brooklyn.

"Um.. King Beaumont has requested you in his office immediately." He said nervously.

What could my father want now?

"Fine. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Okay.." He seemed like he wanted to say something else too but decided against it. I watched him leave before walking to my closet to get dressed.

~

"Father, May I come in?" I knocked at the door lightly. I heard him grant me permission and I walked in to find him sitting on his chair, surrounded by paper work. As I sat down on the chair, I can't help but think of Mikey's words.

"You father is not the nicest man in the world."

I know Mikey was right. My father has hurt a lot of people and done a lot of bad things. But at the end of the day, He is still my father and I can't bear to lose him. No matter how much I hate his cruel ways or how much we argue, I still do care for him. And I know that deep down, He cares for his family too.

"Ryan" My father started in a serious tone, "I want you to do something for me."

"What is it?" I asked confusedly. He has never asked me to do anything - specially for him - before.

"I want you to go to Romania, as an ambassador from Beaumont pack. Meet the biggest pack's leader, observe their activites and initiate a business deal with them." He said, leaning back into the leather chair.

I stared at him in shock as I tried to think of a reasonable excuse as to why he would ask me to do such an important deal. He has never asked me to work for him before as He has always referred to me as a disappointment.

"Don't look so surprised. Robbie said He has something important to do so He can't go and I need this deal at any cost." He said.

"But Why me?" I asked in a surprised voice.

"Because I need someone trustable for this deal. And besides, I thought It'd be good for you to go out for a bit and get your mind off of things." He gave me an intense observing look as He referred to Andy.

"Okay. For how long?" I sighed.

"A month."

"A month??" I looked at him in bewilderment, standing up from the chair.

"Father, You can't be serious!" I said incredulously, raising my voice slightly.

"Sit down, Ryan! And I am, infact, serious. You're going to Romania for a month and That's final. Go pack your things. You leave tonight." He ordered in his Alpha voice. I nodded and left the room, holding back my tears.

"Ryan? What happened?" Jack asked worriedly as I ran before him. I ignored him and went to my room, locking the door before he could get in.

"Ryan!" He shouted, knocking at the door.