Part 1

Zoran City 31st century

Sapphire High

Colossus and her friends were busy preparing for the highly anticipated first weekend of summer vacation, during which they would joyously celebrate the traditional Summer Love Day Dance.

As Colossus strode purposefully around, she exuded an air of authority, dressed in a sleek black suit and clutching a clipboard in her hands. "Alright, everyone! Let's get those streamers up high, and we want the lights to create a romantic, dim-lit ambiance, not too bright," she commanded with unwavering confidence.

Two winged boys gracefully took flight, soaring up to the ceiling to affix streamers to the corners, skillfully hooking up heart-shaped lights that emanated a soft, purple glow, perfectly suited for the theme of romance.

Just then, Jim entered the room, his presence announced by the sight of him carrying a paint bucket. Dressed in overalls over a black hoodie, he bore the marks of his recent painting endeavors, with white splotches adorning his attire.

Walking alongside Jim, Chess dragged in a bin filled with magnificent, sizable, and exceedingly rare rhinestones. These dazzling crystals possessed an allure akin to diamonds, their size surpassing that of one's own head.

Colossus immediately noticed Jim and Chess and swiftly made her way toward them. With an amiable smile, she inquired, "Is that School bell ready for today?"

Jim, wiping away traces of paint from his tanned face, responded enthusiastically, "The bell has been painted precisely as you requested, in that shade of white!"

"And all the rhinestones you carefully selected are arranged precisely as you desired!" Chess exclaimed, setting the bin down. "The bell has been bedazzled just as you asked."

Chess was wholeheartedly devoted to the girl he loved, even though she was in a relationship with Prince Jacob. He understood their situation and found solace in simply being by her side, finding happiness in that alone. With dirty blonde hair, he was a hedgehog boy who happened to be a year younger than Colossus, sharing a family farm with Jim.

Filled with anticipation, Liv fluttered energetically around the room, her wings flapping with excitement. "I can't contain my excitement for the summer love dance!" she exclaimed with glee, twirling through the air and spinning gracefully.

Descending from her aerial dance, Liv swooped down and playfully snatched up a petite Asian bunny girl named Tonia. Tonia, the youngest member of the former freedom fighters, currently resided in foster care under the nurturing care of a wonderful woman who had been her foster mother for years.

Liv twirled Tonia around, eliciting joyful giggles from the little bunny. "This will be the most enjoyable time we've had in years," Tonia declared in her adorable, youthful voice, her cheeks flushed with excitement.

"It's our first dance since the chaos forced us into hiding," Liv chimed in, gracefully descending to the ground. She gently released Tonia, holding her hands affectionately. "We can finally listen to music, dance with our friends, and feel a sense of normalcy once again."

Jacob entered the room, holding a scepter and dressed in a regal king's cape, ready to preside over the dance. He wrapped his arm around Colossus, pulling her close to him.

"Now we can relax and experience the joys of being regular teenagers, going on real dates instead of sneaking off to the sanctuary waterfall," he remarked, planting a tender kiss on Colossus's head.

Colossus smiled warmly and looked over at her siblings, who were diligently working to make the dance venue beautiful. "And it's the first time my brothers and sisters are here with us," she said, acknowledging their presence and contribution to the preparations.