Chapter 14

Let me tell you something… Waking up, naked as hell, in your own sheets, in your own bed, in your own room, in your own flat, after three years, is magic… But waking up to all of that, and the love you thought was dead lying naked as hell in your arms after hours of love making the night before… That shit was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kind of magical. That’s the magic that unicorns, leprechauns, and rainbows are made of.

It made me that happiest fucking man to ever walk earth, when I tried to scoot away and get up, and she whimpered out a whine and held me like me getting out of bed was the end of us.

“Z, baby, it’s okay.” I cooed with a shit-eating grin. “I’m just gonna go make breakfast. Just like I used to.”

She grumbled and pushed me to lay on my back, crawling over and lying practically on top of me.

“I don’t like breakfast food.” She murmured.

My eyebrows furrowed as I gazed at her curiously. “Last I checked, you loved when I made you breakfast.” She nodded tiredly and barely opened her eyes.

“That’s why I hate breakfast. That was a ‘H and Z’ thing. It hurt.” I felt a miniscule smile slide to my lips, my fingers brushing some ringlets from her face.

“I’m here now, baby. And I’m not going anywhere. You can have breakfast again.” I breathily laughed at the end of my gentle whisper.

“I’ll have breakfast, the moment you master running and jumping.” I sighed and kissed her forehead.

“You don’t have to put everything you have in this.” She smacked my chest, a little red hand print staining my flesh.

“If you’re trying to tell me to stop helping you so you aren’t a bother, I’m making you go to my favorite art store to get paint, that shits three hours away.” I shook my head.

“So mean.” She nodded.

“That’s what you get when you tell me not to take care of my baby.”

I shook my head and ran my fingertips up and down her spine, smiling when she drifted off again, her head rested over my heart, and I guessed she’d been lulled to sleep by it. She slept for another two hours, before slowly peeling her eyes open, stretching, and yawning, trying sleep more, pressing her face into my chest, pulling her face away and resting her cheek against my swallow tattoo on the left, and finally sighing and waking up.

“I hate morning.” I chuckled.

“It’s noon.” She whined.

“It’s like the middle of the night!” Z huffed as I sat up, causing her to fall into my lap as I stretched, cracking down my back from the simple movement. “Holy shit, we need a new bed if sleeping does that to you.” I smiled and shook my head.

“I’m fine, Z.” She looked me over, then slowly nodded, stretching out like a cat right after.

I watched her with a small smile, admiring the way she collapsed into the duvet after stretching, letting out a long growl-groan-whine sound that only she could create.

“I’m so fucking tired.” I frowned.

“I wonder why that is.” She shrugged and turned to gaze at me as I carefully got to my feet.

“Do you need my help?” I shook my head and smiled slightly.

“I’m a big boy, I can walk by myself to the bathroom.” Z giggled as I poked her side, flailing around for a moment before diving under the blankets.

“Go to the bathroom, tickling isn’t allowed this early in the morning.” I smiled and kissed the bump where her head was, then took slow steps to the bathroom.

Slow wobbly steps.

My shower was quick, I dried off quick, I brushed my hair and teeth, then walked out with the towel around my waist.

But before I even opened the door, I felt like something was wrong.

And I was right, because the moment I opened the door, the sound of coughing that had been muffled, filled the room and I saw Z, bent over as she coughed into the crook of her arm, eyes squeezed closed.

“Baby!” I breathed in urgency, taking the fastest steps I could before dropping to my knees in front of her. “Do you need me to get you something, Z?”

She shook her head ‘no’ and cleared her throat, looking up at me through watery eyes. “I just choked on some spit.” Her voice was soft and hoarse. “Nothing to worry about, H.”

I weakly smiled and took her hands, closing my eyes and kissing her palm. “I love you. So fucking much.”

She hummed and the first thing I saw when I reopened my eyes, were her soft lips. “I love you too, Harry Edward.” I chuckled and watched her eyes widen when I gazed up, her lips soon crashing to mine.

I smiled and released her hand, to cup her cheeks.

God, I loved this woman.

Her tongue ran along my bottom lip, and I felt her frown for a brief second, before I granted her access as I always would.

But she pulled away before I could get a swipe from her tongue. “We can’t get into this again.” She teased, running her fingertips along my jawbone. “I have work to do.”

“But baby,” I cooed, pressing my forehead to hers. “Don’t you want to spend forever with me?”

She laughed. “Of course, that sounds like perfection… But I don’t want to rely on you and your family’s money. I can make my own.”

I sighed and climbed on the bed. “I understand, beautiful.” I threw that in, just to remind her that she was, in fact, stunning. Incase she forgot.

She smiled and kissed my cheek softly. “I’m just going to be in the other room, don’t pout.”

“I’m not pouting.” I murmured, when I truly was.

“This says otherwise.” I whispered, tugging gently on my bottom lip with her index and thumb.

I pucked my lips slightly and kissed the pad of her thumb gently, smiling to myself.

“I love you.”

“And I love you.” I replied. “A lot more than I could ever tell you.”

She smiled and rubbed her nose to mine before standing from the bed and setting my phone in my hand. “If you need help, for anything at all, don’t hesitate to call me. You can’t strain this.” I nodded.

“I promise I will.” A soft kiss, the sweetest damn kiss yet, was pressed to my forehead, Z’s hands gently brushing through my hair in a soothing fashion.

“Good. Be careful if you come in, I’m spray painting today.” I nodded and we shared a brief kiss before she went to lock herself in her art room, where she would be working for the next 8 hours, leaving me alone, to try and function on my own.

That’s one thing I royally sucked at. Being without her, as we all know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this one's a lot shorter than usual.

-Kell