Chapter 17

I woke up to an empty bed, and the smell of bacon floating throughout the entire house. I got up and pulled on flannel pajama bottoms she'd bought me for christmas. I walked down the hallway and yawned as I entered the living room, looking through the open wall to see Z stood in one of my dress shirts with the sleeves rolled up and her black bra on, I only knew because I could see it through the white fabric.

Her curly mass of hair was wild, all swept to one side as she stood in front of the stove. I walked over to my princess and slid my arms around her waist, hearing her giggle breathily as I nuzzled the side of her neck.

"You makin' bacon, Z?" She hummed as she locked her hands with mine.

"Of course. I'm American, afterall." She was smiling cutely when I peaked, almost literally melting my heart. I noticed the music playing softly in the kitchen when it switched tracks, my mind turning over to years before.

"Elvis?" I murmured with a smile, swaying our hips to the beat.

"I found it the other day." Z turned to gaze back at me and pressed a feathery kiss to my lips.

"I've been looking for it." I replied, running my thumb over the flat plain of her stomach.

She released my hand and flipped the bacon then leaned her head into my chest.

"This whole scene is from some sappy American romance movie." I chuckled and kissed the side of her throat.

"I'm British, that's the difference right there." She giggled.

"I think you've used that one too many times." I shrugged and kissed the side of her jaw.

"I love you."

"That makes up for it." She cooed, locking her lips to mine. "I love you too."

I sighed happily and moved my head to the top of hers.

She let me dish up the food for us, then giggled as I walked behind her, prodding at her weak spots.

She perched herself on the arm of the couch, next to the spot where I always sit, and waited patiently for me. Which was a pretty big thing since she wasn't in any sense of the word patient.

I sat in my spot, throwing my arm around her hips and leaning my head against the lower curve of her hourglass figure. "Thank you for breakfast, Z."

She ran her hand through my hair. "Of course, baby."

We ate in relative silence, enjoying the time we were spending together. That's one thing I had always loved. We could do nothing, and be perfectly fine and happy.

"I have to go do work, but I'm staying in this." I shrugged.

"It looks much better on you, babe." She cooed and pecked my lips.

"Thank you, but I do prefer them on you." With that she stood up and skipped down the hallway.

I smiled and sighed, pushing myself up. "Wait! Baby come out here!" She ran back out and looked up at me worriedly.

"What?" She breathed, cupping my face in her soft hands.

I smiled like a dumbass and took her hands, kissing the ring on her finger. "I love you."

She smiled. "I love you too." She threaded her fingers into my hair and tugged my head to her lips, our bodies pressing together as I rested my hands on her hips, feeling her warm skin through the thin fabric.

I pulled away first rubbing my nose to hers and taking a few more loving pecks before I let her get back to work.

Then I went and took a long shower, got dressed, and decided to go out. I was a lot more stable with walking now, and didn't need a stupid umbrella or anything this time. I walked around and smiled as I past a certain store. Not the jewelers this time, but a little flower shop.