II. The Girl With The Cold Eyes

What the hell is your problem? You scared the crap out of me.❞

Her laughter filled even the darkest corners of the woodland, booming with a certain cruelty. Kate was too pervicacious to admit she was wrong. A shrug of the shoulders, and a smirk gracing upon her red stained lips was the closest anyone had ever gotten to receiving an apology from Katherine Morrow.

"Relax, it was just a joke." Her hands rose as if she were surrendering. "That was fucking hilarious, you should have seen the look on your face." Noticing the scowl on my face, she pouted mockingly. "I'm the blonde one, if anything I should be the one doing stupid things like taking lovely walks in the forest late at night where no one can hear my screams of terror."

"Firstly, that stereotype is stupid and highly offensive." I folded my arms across my chest, a frown touching the corners of my mouth. "Secondly, you're not even a natural blonde."

Snaking her hand around my wrist, she pulled me along with her. "My car is this way."

"How did you even know I was out here?" I muttered, and trying to pull my arm away but she wouldn't budge.

"Sawyer told me." She stated, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You were with Sawyer?"

There was a beat of silence. "Of course not, he called me asking if I could take time out of my precious Wednesday night to come pick you up from practice. So I waited near by for like a thousand hours, until I finally seen you walk off into the forest like a goddamn lead in a high school slaughter movie. Classy move."

This time I succeeded in ripping my arm from her grasp. "Sawyer can call you, but not answer my calls? What was he so occupied with? No, the better question would be who was he occupied with this time?" I started to walk ahead of her, eager to get home.

"Tori-"

"Two miserable years." I huffed out an angry breath. "Two whole years of my life wasted on him. I'm sorry Kat, but I'm done with him. I won't pretend that I'm okay with him talking to other girls and-"

"Tori-"

"And, then expecting me to be okay with it like some obedient little-"

"Tori.."

"Don't make excuses for him-" Spinning around, my words faded into the soft hum of the night. The metal from the barrel glinted brightly into my eyes like a light at the end of a tunnel. The man holding the gun stared at me, just stared. Nothing else, yet I could feel my pulse beating in my ears, blocking out all other sound except the breath that was raggedly moving in and out of my mouth at regular, gasping intervals.

Tearing my eyes away from the man dressed as dark as night, I started to shift toward Kate, but suddenly, a strong arm snaked around my neck and stomach, restraining me. A loud whimper spilled from my quivering lips, as I thrashed around violently, trying to break free.

The man forcefully knocked Kate to the ground, causing her to fall to her knees in the cold wet mud. Without tearing his gaze away from mine, he pointed the gun directly at the back of Kate's head. His piercing green eyes glowed like the gleaming vastness of a crystal cerulean, the sound of the gun cocking filled the air.