Depression

When Laura was young she used to worry. Laura worried about everything people thought about her until it was an obsession. It didn't make her any less social than the other kids, but just different. She always assumed people normally felt anxious and worried all the time. When she grew older, she realized that wasn't the case. Soon enough the voices in her head morphed into something more painful and life got worse from there. She never told her parents what she felt, because she worried that she would be the stereotypical "broken" child of the senator. She couldn't tell her friends either- or anyone outside of school for that matter because Laura knew that she would be just a pity object for people to use until they got bored. Time being, she was alone.

Thursday had rolled around and Laura learned more about The Boy. He was the son of a crude oil mogul, whom her father had been trying to get to sponsor his campaign. Friday flew by. And before Laura knew it, it was the afternoon. She was trying to get her weekly Starbucks, when a man went by. He walked briskly along the street and seemed to be in a rush. A piece of paper fluttered from his jacket pocket and on to the pavement. Laura felt excited, maybe this was her adventure.

She picked up the paper, which turned out to be a thick heavy card covered with a layer of gloss. The kind her father used to hand out to potential sponsors. She turned the card over as the shiny gloss glinted in the sun. 

"Jesus Christ," she murmured under her breath. She had found her adventure.

LOL this is bad, I'm sorry just wanted to get the update to you guys. This story has some elements of romance, but it is more of a adventure type of story. Comment down links to pictures of dresses you want Laura to wear. And if you want a shoutout I can add your name to some characters.