The Girl On the Street

On a busy street, when given the option to go up to a stranger and ask for their life story. Surely you go up to the old woman with the knobby knees and crooked smile or maybe the dark stranger covered by a hooded sweatshirt in the light of summer, hurriedly going down the road as if in a rush. You might even ask the young woman sitting on the park bench across the street having an argument with her boyfriend about money. I bet you a million bucks nobody would ask the teenage girl immersed in her phone wearing a plain gray crop top and high waisted jeans holding a Starbucks cup filled with iced coffee- plain and black. I'll bet that people could come up with a million assumptions for this girl, and make up a personality for her on their own and that's exactly what Laura Patel wanted. 

Laura Patel was the type of girl who never knew who she was or what she was meant to be, she always worried about what others thought about her constantly and frequently. Her thoughts would eat her up alive sometimes, but she never ever told anyone about her burden. Laura always suffered silently and never let it slip that anything was wrong. She created a picture for herself that she never lived up to. At school she sat with the smart kids but was failing math. She was always the background of her friend group. Her friends never noticed her and never made an effort to talk to her. The only chatting she had done with them was small talk. It wasn't that Laura was a quiet shy kid, she could be outgoing when she wanted to be even charming, but that all fading away during the years. Nobody could remember her in school though she had been in the same grade as them for 10 years. Even the teachers skipped over her during attendance. It wasn't that Laura minded being hidden, it was that Laura was too scared to talk, too scared to take a leap. She was too scared that she would be judged for everything she did if she stepped out. 

  I have never actually wrote anything for fun, and this is my first story on wattpad, this is a little teaser for what I have out. If people actually like this I just might write more. I also would love constructive criticism and helpful grammar mistakes. Just don't be a bitch about it please. Thanks