six.

Jieun was greeted by her co-workers as she walked into NEO M for her shift

Jieun was greeted by her co-workers as she walked into NEO M for her shift. Today was one of those days where she only had one class, and usually on days where she has one class, she picks up a shift. She walked to the back of the store, into the staff room. 

Jieun liked how the store didn't force her to wear a certain type of uniform as long as it was black. So she took off her cropped hoodie and put on a black flowy crop top. She walked out of the staff room and began to restock some products. She couldn't help but bop her head to the music that was playing as she placed the products in the empty spots.

"Hey, Jieun!" the girl saw a girl wave at her, she was in her high school uniform with her friends who were also wearing their uniforms.

"Oh hey, Yena." she greeted the girl back, she knew the girl and her friends because they were regulars at NEO M. 

"Did you guys skip school again?" Jieun asked, they all nervously laughed.

"Psh no." the smaller one of the girls, Ryujin said, Jieun looked at them in a playful suspicious manner.

"Fine, we did but we wanted to see you." 

"Very funny, I better not see you skipping school again. Promise?" This was probably the most responsible thing she had ever said in her life.

"Yes, we promise." they said and began to walk around the store. Jieun continued to bop her head, 

"Let's power up!" she sang quietly, before moving onto another product section.

She didn't really pay attention to the things around her and was focused on making the products look perfectly positioned. Customers did come up to her to ask her questions but it was a pretty productive shift for Jieun.

It was time for Jieun's break so she went to the staff room to snack on a bag of chips and for the thousandth time, she had a message from Beddit. 

JiYong's Weeding

Seo Johnny
help me

Seo Johnny
i asked ten to eat a grape

Seo Johnny
now he is trying to kill me

Nam Jieun
wow

Lee Taeyong
you still haven't learned
your lesson

Seo Johnny
i just asked him to eat one
grape because i felt awkward
eating all of the grapes when
he isn't eating anything

Ten
you are asking for a death wish

Seo Johnny
i'm sorry babe, please don't
kill me

Ten
fine because i love you

Nam Jieun
i ship

Jieun looked up to see that her break was over and made herself look presentable before walking out of the staffroom. 

"Jieun!" Yena called Jieun over in a sort of quiet voice, Jieun walked up to them.

"Yes?" she responded, the high school girl gestured towards the door. Jieun turned to see a boy walk in,

"Look how hot he is." Jieun focused on the boy, he looked familiar to her. He suddenly turned towards her and the high school girls, the girls squealed and brought their hands up to their faces to cover it. Jieun then managed to see who the boy was, it was Taeyong.

It seemed liked Taeyong also noticed her and gave her a small smile, before turning away to look at the products.

"Oh my god, his face is so perfect." Ryujin cupped her face with her hands, her cheeks were rosy red. 

"Haha, I know him." Jieun said, whilst opening a box.

"You know him?!" Ryujin exclaimed and grabbed the working girl's arm. 

"Juyeon! Jieun unnie knows the boy." Ryujin let go of Jieun's arm and ran to Juyeon who was staring at Taeyong. Jieun chuckled at the small girl's cuteness and went to put new products into the New Items section. Taeyong happened to be walking towards her, his gaze was on the products and he touched the products lightly.

"Hey Taeyong." the boy looked from the products to her and smiled,

"Fancy seeing you here." he said,

"I work here. Surprise." she said, Taeyong bit his lip and opened his mouth as if he was going to start talking, only to close it again. 

"I need some help." he said softly,

"Hm? How can I help?" she asked, 

"I need to buy a gift but I don't know what to get."

"For your girlfriend?" she asked, Taeyong shook his head.

"I don't have one." he said, 

"Oh... then may I ask who it's for?" she asked cautiously,

"I'm going on a blind date and I want to be able to give my date something small." he said, rubbing the back of his neck. Jieun nodded and began to look through the products,

"Well, it will be hard since you don't know what your date looks like but I can show you some products." she said, Taeyong followed her as she went around the store.

"I personally like this lipstick. I would recommend it." she said, whilst handing the boy a soft pink lipstick, "I think she will like it. What do you think?"

Taeyong looked confused and stared at the product, "I don't really know what I'm doing but if you say you recommend it, I'll get this one." 

The two of them walked up to the counter and Jieun picked up a Fenty highlight on the way. She scanned the two products." Taeyong noticed the highlight and pointed to it.

"Why is that there?" he asked, curiously.

"A lipstick isn't enough for a gift, the highlight is on me." she said,

"Wait, don't pay for it. I will." Taeyong insisted, Jieun looked at him who looked back at her with earnest eyes. Jieun didn't want to accidentally start an argument so she let the boy pay. She packed the items in a nice box before placing it in the bag.

"Thank you, Jieun. I'll treat you to lunch some day." Taeyong said, 

"No need, this is my job." she smiled,

"Good luck on your date, you better tell me how it went." she wished the boy good luck and watched as he left the store. She looked at the clock to see that she just finished her shift, she walked back to the staff room and collected her bag. She then got a call, she looked at her phone and saw Yujin's ID on the screen.

"Yes mum?" she asked as she accepted the call,

"I'm at your house with Jungwoo. We are making ramyun right now." she said, 

"Save some for me." she said, she licked her lips at the thought of food. 

"Then be home quick, we got to get you ready for your date. And by 'we', I mean you because we only came because we knew you had ramyun at your house." 

"Okay mum, I'll be home in five." she said, happily exiting the store.

***

well, this is a long due
chapter and i am so sorry
for that. holidays have
turned out more busier than
i thought.