Chapter 3: The Opera Ghost

My opera house was finally finished after five years of work and a lot of money to go but I must say it is stunning. Of course it is I built it. The most extraordinary part is that under the opera house there is a lake and a bout that is were I live. This will be my home now and I'll write letters to the manager for my monthly allowance of 20,000 franc I am the real manager of this opera house not those fools. They think they know what opera is. The audience are fools to they come to the opera for the wrong reasons. Opera is not just something you see and hear it's how you feel deep inside your heart and soul. No one understands! If only I could find someone who can but I hardly doubt it. A few years later the chandelier fell and everyone was speaking about an opera ghost. I know they meant me but I had nothing to do with that crash it feel of it's own.

Months later they started to call me something else: something they all made me. The Phantom of the Opera
They made me this ghost! They made me a monster! I was not born bad I just happen to have a deformity so horrible that no one will see. So from that day forward. I really was the opera ghost. I have to say I enjoyed it. I made box 5 my private box for every performance and the excellent Madame Giry became my little helper. I have to say I enjoyed it. I liked to scare people and I had a great advantage for my skills. Belly talker, I use that to trough my voice anywhere I choose. I am going to be what they say. They judge me before they even know me that's why I'm better of alone. I don't have anything against the world it's the world who seems to have a problem with me.

Daroga has tried in vein to talk to me and everytime he mentions that promise. Well I lied. Deal with it. Move on. Now it's time to work on my masterpiece, Don Juan Triumphant.
It has taken me 20 years to write and now I just need to find that voice. I have to find that girl. Within each day I grew more and more impatient I stoped being human I became a corpse a living breathing ghost. A true phantom.

I am a ghost, I am the shadow on the wall. I'm the sigh trough the key hole
I'm the draft in the corridor I am a ghost with the face of death and if you should ever see the face you will be haunted- Forever!