the first attempt

"get out now" the doctor ordered as I rose from my bed. I stepped out and he grabbed me by the arm, nearly dragging me to the lab. I tried to ask what was going on but remembered that my collar wouldn't let me speak. the doctor told me he made all his genetic clones without vocal cords but with me, he wanted to be thorough so he added them and used the collar so I couldn't complain or distract him as much while he worked.

the doors to the lab slid open revealing an operating table, several beakers, and a golden ornate box sitting on the operating table. the doctor pulled out a holo tablet and pressed a few buttons. a camera lowered from the upper right corner of the room. the doctor took a step forward and looked into the camera. "this is doctor heart's log. clone nine attempt 1" he began "I've never been so close before. this is the first time I've felt confident enough to attempt to open the box since it's discovery. whatever is inside could very well change the very fate of our galaxy" he turned to me and grabbed my arm. he stepped over to the box and forced my hand on it. the box made a sound and felt a bit warm to the touch but did nothing else. the doctor waited a bit before removing my hand and shaking his head. "attempt one is a failure however it seems that being as mitucules as I was with this clone was the correct course of action. I was able to get a response out of the box. now the question is what do I do now? this clone still hasn't reached its full potential but even if it does it could be the DNA is the very problem meaning even if it were to reach it's potential the box may not open. I'll have to ponder this. doctor hearts log, clone nine attempt one" the doctor stopped the recording and moved the box away from the operating table. 

he pulled out a syringe with a cyan color and approached me I recoiled but he grabbed my arm and held tight. he plunged the needle into my arm and pushed the stopper. My head started spinning. it was hard to see and I fell on my butt as my legs went numb. I saw the doctor step away and for a brief moment, I thought I heard a crackle like static over an intercom. the doctor returned and hoisted me up only to lay em back on the table. "I don't know if you can give me what I want but I know that I can't sit idly by while the biggest mystery of the universe is stilling in this room. I have to keep trying, you have to keep improving for both our sake. I must succeed" the doctor produced a scalpel and placed it against my chest. I've been through this before. i closed my eyes and gritted my teeth. as the needles grew closer i could swear i felt a small earthquake. my suspicious were confirmed when the lab shook violently.