part eight

-kiaria pov-

I walked out of the stuffy classroom, my lunch bag in hand. I headed into the dining hall of my dormhouse and took a seat at one of the wooden tables.

Well, Yukari and I were to get detention on Saturday. I sighed. What would I tell my eomma?

"Hey, Kiaria," Haneul, a brunette in the tenth grade said, sitting down next to me.

"Hey, Haneul," I said. I liked Haneul, I mean she was pretty kind, but at times she was a bit annoying. We had met a couple of years ago when she needed help with her homework. We were at a small park near the school when she asked if I could help her with her work. I wasn't sure if I considered her a friend, but it was obvious that she thought of me as one.

"My class has been talking about some outbreak in the eleventh grade homeroom," she smiled, lowering her voice a bit. "Is it true?"

I paused. What did I have to lose? "Yeah."

"What happened with Ms. Grouchy, anyway?" she asked.

I sighed. "It's a long story." I began to munch on my ham sandwich.

"I like long stories."

Ugh. "Trust me, you won't like this one."

She didn't reply.

"Anyway, what's happening in the tenth grade homeroom," I asked, nudging her shoulder. "How's good old Mr. Park?"

She smiled. "You know how he is. 'Everyone attention! Everyone quiet! Everyone sit down!'" She mocked Mr. Park.

I laughed. "That was pretty-"

But at that moment we were interrupted.

"Hey, Kiaria! That one dude, I think he was the Kim one, how do you know him? He's so cute!"

"Yeah, I agree with Ho-Sook, what was his name?"

"Tea-hyung?"

"No, it was Tea-kook!"

"You're both wrong, it was Taehyung!" Someone said from behind Ho-Sook and Iseul, the crazy girls of my class. The two turned around. I smiled.

Taehyung.

"Did you hear us?" Ho-Sook asked him, her cheeks turning a light red.

"Yeah, a bit," he said, scratching his nose. "Anyway, to me, it looked like Kiaria and Haneul were having a pleasant conversation before you two walked in. I have a feeling that they would appreciate it if you would leave them be."

The girls were slightly shocked, but left anyway, allowing Taehyung to sit down where they had been.

"Thanks Taehyung." I said, almost blushing.

"No problem, Kiaria. Anything for you."

My heart skipped a beat. "Um, I think I'm going to go," Haneul said, picking up her metal tiffin. "My friend's, uh, calling me."

I was completely aware that this was a lie, as she had told me numerous times that she had no friends.

"Okay, Haneul," I replied. "I'll see you around."

She left as Taehyung and I began an extremely awkward silence.

"What was the purpose of you destroying our classroom?" I blurted. "If you don't mind me asking."

He smirked. "Just thought that we'd give you some fun. It was Jungkook's idea, I just tagged along." He said ready to laugh. "I see that you still didn't get the paint out of your hair."