Noah Grey

Chapter Four

Noah Grey

The night was young and so was I. Not a sound in the night. Not a mouse nor a bloody thirsty creature willing to suck my blood from my body. I felt as if I needed the night to myself without worry or fear. Just relaxation, which didn't come very often. 

Here I am, standing outside the door of the local bar. Yes, this how I plan to spend my night. Drowning my sorrows in whiskey. I bit my lip in pure concentration deciding rather I should walk in or trudge back to my little home. I opened the door and saw but only a few people. Not many though. Well, the night was still young. My eyes scanned through the old bar seeing an older man with a grey beard and a shiny bald head. I swore I could see my reflection straight through. He glared at me as if he knew I was staring at him. I chuckled to myself and took a seat. 

I settled with whiskey. I sipped some from my glass and winced as the liquor traveled down my throat leaving my throat to ache in a soft sting. After a few more sips, the stinging drifted away. I stared at the now empty glass and soon realized I was now looking at my reflection. My black hair was darker than night. It was a little messy due to my fingers constantly running through in in frustration. My eyes are blue with a slight grey tint in them. My skin was pale, but not as pale as vampires. Mine was more of a cream color. My thoughts were interrupted by a voice filled with annoyance.

"Do you want another drink?" The voice spat.

I looked up to see a man glaring at me. Wonder what crawled up his ass. I chuckled under my breath and opened my mouth to speak, but was rudely interrupted. 

"I don't have all day." The man snickered with that glare still plastered on his face.

"I was going to be nice, but here. Take the glass and give me more whiskey." I continued. "Please." I smirked and gave him the glass. 

He walked away mumbling something, I couldn't quite hear. I shook it off and continued on with my buisness: drinking. As soon as the whiskey was sat in front of me, I took it and chugged it down not leaving one tiny speck of liquor in the glass. I didn't know how drunk I was, until when I tried to stand up after giving him my money. I stumbled across the bar and out the door.

I was fully aware that I was toxiated with liquor. I continued stumbling home. The occasional fall here in there. I stopped dead in my tracks when a scream filled my ears causing me to be aware of my surroundings. I found myself running towards the scream to find the horrifying image of a women with a vampire's fangs connected to her neck. I panicked and threw a near buy brick towards it making it stop for minute. The creature looked at me as if examining my features.

"Get the hell away!" I screamed at it even though it wouldn't listen. For a hunter by blood you would think I would do something more professional.

I smirked knowingly as I remembered I had a match in my right pocket. After lighting the match, I threw it at the monster. I watched as the creature screamed in pain. It's disgustingly body set in ablaze. The women scrambled to her feet with blood gushing from her neck. At least she wasn't dead like the others.