Chapter 9: Into the Depths

Weeks had passed, and the country was in a state of chaos. Every night, the national television displayed gruesome headlines—multiple killings across the country with no clear pattern or motive. The streets buzzed with fear, and the uncertainty spread like wildfire. It was becoming clear to everyone: something deeper was going on, something that involved the highest levels of power.

Away from the public eye, inside the secure confines of the presidential residence, tension was mounting. The president sat silently in his office, a grim expression etched on his face as he held a small slip of paper in his hands—a direct threat. The message was clear: Surrender Aiden and the microdot, or the killings will continue.

The killings weren’t random. They were deliberate acts, orchestrated to break the president’s resolve, to force him into submission. And the microdot? A deadly secret—one the president had stolen from a Japanese clan. It was a tiny piece of technology, but it held the location of vast treasures hidden away, sought by a shadowy underground syndicate.

The president had hidden the microdot in the last place anyone would think to look: inside his own son’s belongings. Aiden had become an unwitting pawn in a much larger game.

Outside, the media swarmed the gates of the presidential residence. Reporters clamored for the latest scoop, while gossip-mongers gathered to speculate about the fate of the First Family. The public was restless, eager for answers, and the country’s leadership was on the verge of collapse.

For Aiden, life had become a blur of confinement and confusion. He was no longer a free man, constantly moved from one location to another, each more secure than the last. But despite the security measures, Aiden knew something was wrong—he could feel it in the pit of his stomach. His father's enemies were closing in.

Finally, the day came when everything unraveled.

Aiden was transported to a new location, a heavily fortified safehouse in the outskirts of the city. The armored convoy, surrounded by armed guards, moved cautiously, but Aiden couldn’t shake the feeling that something terrible was about to happen. His heart pounded in his chest as he stared out the window, the blur of the city passing by.

When they arrived at the secure location, Aiden was led inside, surrounded by security personnel. The air was thick with tension. They all knew—someone was coming for him. Someone wanted that microdot, and they were willing to kill for it.

It happened fast. Too fast.

Aiden barely had time to react before the first gunshot rang out. The sharp crack of the bullet echoed through the compound, sending everyone into a frenzy. Security officers scrambled, barking orders, but the enemy was already inside. The assassins, heavily armed and highly skilled, began tearing through the compound’s defenses with brutal precision.

Aiden’s fear spiked. He had never felt more vulnerable, more exposed. His mind raced as he crouched behind a pillar, gunfire ricocheting around him. His father’s security was no match for these attackers—men who moved like shadows, their weapons far more advanced.

He could hear the footsteps growing closer. He pressed himself against the cold concrete wall, his breathing shallow, his heart threatening to explode in his chest.

This is it, he thought. This is where I die.

In the chaos, a masked assassin appeared in front of him, pointing a high-powered rifle straight at his head. Aiden’s body froze, fear paralyzing him. There was no escape. The man’s finger began to squeeze the trigger.

And then, just when Aiden thought his life was over, a deafening bang echoed through the air.

The assassin's body jerked violently before collapsing to the ground, a bullet hole clean through his skull. Aiden’s eyes widened in shock as he stared at the lifeless body, his mind struggling to process what had just happened.