Chapter 3: Getting A Car

It's been three weeks. I passed Driver's Ed, or Ron's version of it, I got two thousand dollars from my job that I did not get easily. I also got three A's from school so that helps my case more. Currently, I'm waiting on Sam to get outside to the car since he only needs one more A to be able to get a car. Ron looks back at me and I groan remembering Sam's presentation.

"Was it really that bad?" Ron wanted to know.

"He is trying to sell his great-grandfather's stuff. That is going to get him something that is not an A", I growl before hearing running footsteps.

I groan and look over at Sam, who excitedly tells Ron that he got an A-. I gape at him before rolling my eyes. He probably pulled some shenanigan on the teacher.

Ron nods before driving off into a Porsche dealership. Sam got all excited and I snorted. He really thinks that Ron is going to get him a Porsche? Heck, I've only been with this family for three weeks and I already know that Ron is a cheap father. I smile as Sam pouts as Ron pulls out of the dealership. He then pulls into some junkyard filled with cars.

We are met by a colored man, no offense intended, and he was definitely shocked to us.

"How can I help you?" He turns to look at Ron.

"My son and daughter are looking to buy their first car", Ron says.

"You come to see me?" He was dead serious. Sam replies while I just stay silent.

"We had to", Sam says still upset about the joke his dad pulled. I laugh softly before following them into the car yard. Sam and I look around a little and Sam soon finds a beautiful Camaro. I smile softly before continuing to look around. I soon come across this truck that looked brand new. I furrow my brows before running my hand along its side. I freeze when I feel it shiver slightly. I look at it curiously before opening the driver's side door and climbing in. I smile softly before running my hand softly across the center of the steering wheel finding a strange symbol. As my fingers brush across it, I freeze as my mind takes me back to a place I did not remember.

"Shh, shh, shh", a purple colored robot whispers as she gently places me into a pod shaped thing. I hear crying and soon realize it was coming from me and somone laying next to me. I hear the sounds of yelling and the robot whispers something to me.

"Shh, it's alright, my sweet femmeling. You'll be okay. Momma will be there for you soon", she glances back behind her as the yelling got louder and soon there was sounds of clanging. "I love you, Starfire, Silverburst. Don't you ever forget that."

"Momma!! Don't leave me!! Momma!!" My twin and I may have been young but I understood more than enough to know what was happening.

"Shh... I'll be there soon. I love you."

"I love you, too, Momma."

Soon, the pod closes and I felt myself being shaken.

"Kaetlen!" Ron was shouting at me. I look at him with a dazed look in my eyes. "Are you alright, Kaetlen?"

"I was just thinking. It is nothing for you to be concerned about", I say softly, my mind still going back to the robot I had just remembered. She had called herself "momma". Who's momma?

"Is this what you want to get?" Ron interrupted my thoughts once more. I nod, glancing at the symbol once more, before climbing out and standing next to the truck while Ron went and found Sam.

"You're not a normal truck, are you?" I whispered to it, not expecting an answer. "There's more to you than meets the eye, isn't there?"

I froze as the truck seemed to tense up. I watch it for a little bit before passing it off as my imagination.