The Surprise

Listen to River Flows in You to feel the story x]

Lay's POV

There she was, lying on the hospital bed sleeping rather than lying on her own bed bedroom. She looked paler than she used too the last time I saw her. It has been a month and two weeks that I didn't get to see her because of my busy schedule. I regret not being able to be by her side when she had an appointment with the doctor.

I sat down beside the bed she is lying on and took her hand and kiss the back of it... It felt cold, that it made me cry. Thanks for the machine, letting us know if her heart is still working.

Looking at her makes me remember the memorable memories we have. Remembering these memories makes my heart hurt. We've had ups and downs, but we managed to get things right.

"Seulbi, please stay strong." I sobbed in between, "We still got lots of things to do. I know you can hear me, please stay strong." I cried, the one that made it hard to breathe, I cried hysterically.

All that you could hear in the room was her heart beat monitor and me crying. We were alone for the first time after almost two months. Instead of celebrating my return with her, I am waiting for her to wake up.

- Third persons POV -

Lay had been waiting for her to wake up for the past twelve hours, he doesn't even move, he just stares at her and cry from time to time. He'd only leave her when he has to go to the washroom. Ever since he've arrived from the airport this afternoon, he hadn't eaten yet. Seulbi's parents visited her for an hour at least and brought food for Lay to eat, he didn't even touch it, he just sat still on his chair waiting. They tried to have a conversation with him but he seems to be thinking really deep since he doesn't answer them.

Her parents we're really sad that he was affected like this. They understand what he is feeling, so they just left the two of them. Her parents giving her a kiss on her forehead and that's when Lay only looked at them and smiled. Her mom kissed Lay on the head and hugged him, and Lay grabbed her arms and started crying. They treat each other as family since Lay and Seulbi had been close friend ever since elementary. He cried until he felt weak and fell asleep on her arms. Her dad helped her mom to place his head on the bed that Seulbi was laying and they left.

---

Are you wondering how Lay found out where Seulbi was and what situation she is in right now? Well, here it is.

Lay was planning on surprising Seulbi, because he was supposed to be going back to Korea for another week, but the concert was cancelled because of the bad weather in the place that they were supposed to be performing. So he called Jiyong to pick him up, they may be working for a different company but the three of them Lay, Jiyong and Seulbi are really close friends. But Lay and Seulbi's relationship had been longer than the friendship of them three.

Seulbi is a big fan of Big Bang and so since she was born from a wealthy family, she was able to attend their concerts here in Seoul, she'd purchase VIP passed and backstage passes, she'd go to meet and greet, she was able to befriend them since BigBang grew closer to her and every now and then they would communicate through text messages and phone calls. Jiyong on the other hand, had grown feelings for her. Although knowing that she likes someone else, he still liked her. He never mentioned it to her because he knows that she cannot return the feelings. It hurts to know that someone you love, already loves someone for a long time and this someone is someone who she'd been friends since their childhood, when he only met Seulbi recently. So, he decided to just hide it from her and stay as friends with her. It is so much better to be friends with the one you love knowing that they love someone else, rather than telling them and your friendship will be awkward.

As soon Jiyong arrived, Lay went inside his car and he started talking and planning of what to do to surprise Seulbi. Then Lay noticed that Jiyong didn't even greet him nor smiled at him when he entered the car. He just looked straight on the road clenching his jaw and his eyes hardens. Lay then just kept quite and felt awkward.

'I wonder what's wrong with him today, he's not always like this.' Lay thought.

"Lay, I've got something to tell you." Jiyong said out of the blue, "Seulbi is not in a good condition."

"What do you mean not in a good condition. I was just talking to her yesterday and she sounds fine, and she also said that she'd been training at their coffee shop because her grandma wants her to-" he couldn't continue because Jiyong cut him off.

"She was lying, she didn't want you to be worried because you were overseas working and living your dream." he said bitterly, "she is currently in the hospital, she doesn't want me to tell you what happened and so I kept it to my self and not tell you because I love her." Jiyong looked at the side mirror to see Lay's reaction. Lay was then staring at him wide eyed and shocked, "for the first time in my life, I've never felt like this before, for the first time in my life I've loved someone more than I loved my mother. For the first time in my life, I was the one who is hurting and not the girl I played with. So please take good care of her from now on, I cannot take it anymore seeing her lifeless laying on the hospital bed. I would be visiting not so often anymore and I would try my best to move on." Jiyong then stopped driving and Lay was too focused on what he was saying that he didn't realize that they were on the hospitals entrance. "You should get going, I'll drop of your things at your dorm and tell the others where you are. Thank you bro for listening. Take care of her." Jiyong tapped Lay's shoulder and told him to go.

Lay then entered the hospital and went to the front desk to ask where Seulbi was staying. The nurse asked who he was because she was staying in a private room, which only people on the list can come and visit her. All the members were listed and his and her family was listed. As soon as the nurse said where she was staying he ran to the elevator and pressed the floor she was in. While in the elevator, he was pacing back and fort, nibbling his nails, preparing for what he would be seeing any moment. He was thinking of what to say, he still couldn't believe that she is unconscious at the moment and he thought at first Jiyong was only lying because he had been communicating with Seulbi every now and then when he was out of the country.

He had arrived at his desired floor and he couldn't move, but since a guy was holding the open door for him he went outside and thank him for waiting. He looked for her room and as soon as he found it, he stood up in front of the door and took a deep breathe.

As soon as he opened the door, there he saw his best friend since grade 4, his girlfriend for two years now, is laying down on the bed looking like an angel, but she was really sick. Seeing as she lost all her beautiful thick and wavy hair, he knew at that moment that she is very ill and he had know by the side effects of the treatments she had been through, she has cancer.

Seulbi's mom was sleeping at the side but as Lay's started walking towards Seulbi while crying she woke up and greeted him. Lay looked back at her and saw how sad and skinny her mom got so he said to rest and he'll take care of her. But before she left he explained what Seulbi's condition is, and he was right, Seulbi has cancer, blood cancer. Apparently she is now in the really bad stage now that's why she's really weak. The doctor said that she's only got few months left. He can't believe that the doctor have her an 'expiration date' which made him really mad.

Twelve hours of waiting and she still hasn't woken up and Lay was too tired of crying and because he hasn't eaten yet he fell asleep on Mrs. Park's arm when they, Mr./Mrs. Park, visited the both of them. They felt bad that they are suffering, Mrs. Park was blaming her self because she thinks that she didn't take good care of her daughter and got her into this situation.

---------

Will Seulbi be able to survive or this love story of Lay and Seulbi become a sad ending?

---------

A/N

I'm sorry for my grammar mistakes and lack of writing skills x] please, if you have some advices in mind, don't hesitate to leave a comment. If you like the story please vote or say what you think of the story. It may be too soon to ask for votes and comments, but it would be really helpful for me to improve my writing ^_^

Thank you for reading!

-Ann3